David McDavid Ford - Ford 2018 brakes on small cars with adaptive cruse, lane departure.

Purchased a new 2018 Ford Edge Titanium in July of 2018. Brakes became very sensitive at low speeds below 30 mph. The brakes grabbed and everyone in the car lurched forward with only a very slight press of the pedal, I could not press it will less pressure if I tried. Been to the dealership 4 times and they agree the brakes are too sensitive but Ford will not let them do anything about the problem. The dealership let me drive new 2019 models with equivalent features and I could not make them stop as hard even when I stomped on the brake pedal. Contacted Ford Service via Twitter and at first I thought they might be interested in helping. As soon as the problem was described and I pointed out that the dealership had been told this problem was with Edge and smaller cars and seems to be related to the new technology (adaptive cruise control and lane departure) Ford dropped it like a lead balloon. I suggest nobody purchase a small car manufactured by Ford in the 2018 year. Especially if it has adaptive cruise control or lane departure.
ID
Fort Worth, Texas
Product
2018 Ford Edge Titanium Car
Pros
  • Car is great except for brakes
Cons
  • If problem affects several models they do not want to discuss
Reason of review
Warranty issue
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution