The Summerlin House

My fiancee' and I are "suppose" to get married there also. Since the agreement was signed Aug 11, Joyce has not contacted but one time. I am going to Smalls Claim Court also taking this issue to the news so other brides and grooms do not get shafted. If you would like to contact me, you can at 704-674-****. I want to get as many complaints from other people who had bad experiences with The Summerlin House and Joyce. Your help in this issue will be appreciated by me and others in the near future. Thank you. Harold

Joyce Hensley has over $9,700.00 that was paid to her for my daughter's wedding. This was paid to her over a period of several months starting in late 2011. The first $3,ooo was to secure the "hand picked" vendors that were giving her a special deal. About every month she needed additional monies. My daughter and I drove from Atlanta to Orlando on Easter weekend to meet with the photographer, have a tasting with the caterer, trial hair, cake tasting, etc. She insisted that we drive down Thursday because the caterer could not do tasting on the weekend. We met someone from the catering co Friday (no tasting). The meeting was more like a sales pitch rather than a meeting with someone who already had the business. After we met with the caterer, and photographer, we realized that neither of them had been "secured" needless to say had given special pricing. When the light bulb finally came on and we realized she had done NOTHING, we started making calls. The catered that she claimed to have secured with the deposit and had given special pricing DID NOT even have the date available much less booked for my daughter's wedding. The photographer had not received any deposit. This was discovered when he sent an email to me and my daughter asking if we had decided on a package. We thought this strange since Joyce had requested more deposit money for the additional items we had requested a week prior to his email.

Anytime my daughter or I tried to contact her, she was unreachable. We she needed money, she was very accessible. My daughter decided that she could not deal with the stress and contact Joyce on April 24, 2012 to notify her that she was canceling. After much hostility from Joyce, she agreed to repay ALL monies by the end of May. May 31st came and left…….no money. I finally reached her via text on June 1st and she informed me that she would need to make payments. I had a legal contact drawn up and sent to her with a payment schedule. Surprise!!! NO PAYMENT. She has since blocked incoming calls (maybe just my calls).

Here’s the Hitchcock ending to this very short version of this nightmare. …..Joyce is my sister. Yep, she totally screwed over her own niece.

My daughter did get married on October 19th (not in Orlando) and it was absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! Now that the wedding is over I intend to do everything I can to recoup the money.

The best thing that has happened for any brides looking for the perfect wedding is that Joyce Hensley no longer has the Summerlin House.

This women "Joyce" Is claiming to be the editor of a bridal magazine in Orlando now. Taking wedding vendors money!! BEWARE!!!

shes gone she got evicted we all glad shes gone

She needs to be put out of business. She's running a huge scam!

Why is Joyce and the Summerlin House still in business??? She takes your money and then you never hear from her again.

She takes the what should be the happiest experience of your life and turns it into a NIGHTMARE!!!

If you try to backout and cancel (before she does anything for you), goodluck getting you deposit back. She should be in prison!!!

After due diligence, I did recieve my full deposit back from Joyce without taking her to Court. I am now satisfied and can move on with wedding plans.

You're in a long list of many. There are several (including my own) bad reviews on ripoff report and yelp (check the filtered reviews).

She's a real piece of trash. Sorry to hear she got another one.

View more comments (6)