UAB Hospital - Worst

8 hours ago Giving UAB Emergency room a one star is by far overrating them. This is the the most pathetic excuse for an emergency room that I have ever encountered in my life. I have only been to three. The nurses and administrative folks up front need to find a new career. There is absolutely no compassion in this emergency room. The nurses at the front desk watched many elderly people fall, stumble, have trouble even standing, and do you think that they offered to help any of them??? No. My experience yesterday.......I got my mother who was having trouble breathing, throwing up infection, very lethargic, not able to stand for any period of time to the emergency room at 12:30. There were maybe 6 of us total in the entire emergency room. They called my mother to triage about 30 minutes later. Her o2 was in the low 80's. Long story short, she went and had an xray and did blood work. Then we sat for 8 hours. My Mother was at the point she was just ready to give up. I ask the very unprofessional medical admin at the front desk, if there was any idea how much longer this could take to see a doctor. She smirked and said up to 12 more hours. Pissed off, I took my Mother to UAB Highlands, where we were treated like humans, by the most amazing nurses and admin, and Doctors. They really don't know how much I appreciated them. These unprofessional, non compassionate, rude, ruthless, mean, hateful, uncaring, evil folks that work the front at UAB ER, should be ashamed of themselves. UAB, I hope you wake up. My Mother's doctors at UAB are by far the best, friendliest, most caring around, but if this was my first visit ever to UAB. I promise you I would never ever come back. Please UAB...The people that your sickest patients see in the ER are ruining your name. I have never been so mad in my life. It is totally unacceptable the abuse I saw to elderly and disabled by the folks that represent UAB hospital. Something has to be done. UAB ER, you could really learn from UAB highlands. Please quit nursing if you hate your life so bad, or atleast take your butt to a Dr. office to work, not the ER!!!
ID