Johnny Fix It - Totally inferior car repair work-no warranty

Johnny Fix-it Restorations agreed to replace 2 head gaskets, work on engine block (??), etc on my 1995 Toyota 4-runner. He said it would take 3 -4 days and would cost $560. Actually, in 7 days he still was working on it. It was delivered to me at 9:30 p.m., I was charged $1100 but he hadn't itemized the work that he did. And, he asked me to make out the check to his girlfriend. Not very professional!! He supposedly gave a 1 yr warranty BUT when problems developed, he NEVER returned my calls. Upon delivery, we noticed an oil leak, a cord was hanging down from the front of the vehicle, the radio no longer worked, and the reading lights no longer worked. I had asked for an analysis of the brakes and four-wheel drive. None was given. Now, 3 weeks later, the vehicle stopped running - creating a hazard due to having NO emergency lights. A friend discovered that the battery cable disconnected due to NO NUT to secure the cable.

I have also been ripped off by this guy. Avoid him and his business!

This was the most bothersome customer I have ever had. They were leaking coolant out of the tailpipe.

I wrote them the first estimate for around six hundred dollars, mentioning that I was not sure if I wanted to even rebuild it because of how much work it takes to remove all of the oil and fuel residue that resulted from driving it with improper fuel mixture. Also, It was impossible to determine if the block or the head had been cracked until dissassembly. I replaced the bad fuel injectors, I replaced the whole right side valve head. I replaced BOTH head gaskets and engine bearing kits.

I replaced every gasket in the engine along with the cracked head that caused a severe leak. I did it by myself. I was severely under paid and not given enough time. I was exhausted and sick of checking my messages every twenty minutes being backed up in work.

I agree, not very professional, but neither was having to deal with three different people over one car. It was an unusual situation that I only agreed to be part of because I wanted to help, not because I saw it profitable. ha. I also saved the client any major troubles with the future of the inside of the engine.

It is completely rebuilt like brand new. It was also tested. Sound like small peanuts to me. I guarantee that it's still on the road running great today.

Im not a petty oil changing mechanic. I am sorry that the customer is not satisfied, but Ill stick that one next to the hundreds that are.

View more comments (2)