North American Power's reply to:

North American Power - Will Rip you off after your fixed rate contract is up

Hi Jonathan - thank you for the feedback. We're sorry you did not have a good experience with North American Power. As detailed in the terms of service mailed to you shortly after enrollment on 6/23/2017, upon the expiration of your fixed rate term, you will have the option to renew onto a new fixed rate or your account will be moved to our month to month variable rate plan if we do not hear from you (as we are unable to make changes to your plan without your consent). We also sent you a renewal notice on 12/13/17 to let you know of your upcoming fixed rate expiration. After learning of your recent concern, our Customer Care team made multiple attempts to reach out to you to discuss your options. A voicemail was left for you on 10/9/2019 at the number we have on record and an additional voicemail was left for you on 10/15/2019. That same day we also sent an email to the account on record in an attempt to reach you. To date, we have not heard from you. We'd be happy to review your account with you if you'd like to give our Customer Care team a call at the number that has been provided.
ID
Service
North American Power Electricity Supply
Reason of review
Pricing issue
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Update by user Oct 30, 2019

Update 10/30/2019North American Power, I have the voicemail you left and will be returning your call shortly.So according to North American Power's response, sent 1 letter.Fine. Like I said, my fault for not realizing I was out of contract.

However, how can it even be close to OK to charge me $0.1799 per Kwh for power when JCPL would only charge me $0.0914****. (Data from my last bill) .

So, out of contract = license to charge anything?I checked and I am now officially switched back. So, now I will call and see what you have to say.

Original review posted by user Oct 04, 2019

So yes, my fixed rate contract expired, and did not realize.

Next thing I know they rate they charge without a fixed rate contract is basically DOUBLE the fixed rate contract. No notice after that, just charging my DOUBLE of the rate. This is wrong.

That rate was about 80% higher that the JCPL rate.

Watch out for this on your bill. Not being within contract = Rip you off!!!!!