Lowes Unmotivated Employees

I understand Lowes will eliminate all employees commission as of Sat 2/11/12. While offering a concession formula of 2011 earnings which could compensate them at up to 50%, the loss will change the overall demeanor and personality of Lowes' employees. Why ? They are rewarding mediocrity, something which Corporate America cannot afford to do today and stay competitive. After 2/11/12, no Lowe's employee in their right mind will call back customers, chase leads, spend personal time coming into the store off-hours to accomodate the customers' bids, or drive incentives or pitch a customer to buy. They get nothing for it now. The odd thing is that this is a pattern. Lowes management has been instilling mediocrity in their employees for some time. They track sales by department and hourly overpay underperfomers with no consequence. Its one of the hardest places in the world to get fired from. The lazy department employees will now REALLY sit on their duffs and the good employees will be motivated to leave and/or also spend less time making up for the store's enthusiasm. Sinking LOWE ....the irony is that when they track department sales a year from now and note a steep decline, their answer will be in black & white, right next to the red. More Lowes stores predicted closing in 2012 !!! Strike up a relationship with your neighborhood Home Depot ....it'll take you further.

Just goes to show how much they care about their employees. They treat the like dogs .understaffedand backstabbing.This is true I live it!!!!!

The end result is the customer ends up gettin some lousy customer service. Which is not right.

They have managers that watch *** on their new ipad that has mot their new ipads that has not been useful in the lowes experience of rhw future. I once interviewed a potential candidate with the store manager, and he wanted a particular associate in position to fulfil his sexual fantasies.

The associate that he and I interviewed far better than the associate in the store. This man has hired all young male associates eliminates older associates that will mot agree with his sexual suggestions towards them.

Im motivated. Motivated to loot this store every shift. Screw u lowes

I am disgusted with lowes.. Take our commission away and say the prices will b lowered to increase sales.

When will that happen? It won't because the manufactures paid the spiffs not lowes. This company has gone down hill since nib lock has taken over. Rick damron can go screw himself.

I feel so much better knowing every pay check is smaller. Since march 1st these *** have sold over 26 million in stocks.

What's that tell ya. Too bad that jet to Vegas didn't crash!!

I hope this company crashes and burns. I am doing my part to hurt sales.

Let a real company move to town that understands retail. I will pledge to do everything in my power to lose sales for this company. The madness is not going away niblock and damron. U are two of the dumbest CEOs out there.

You have killed this company. All your employees hate you and would not trust you on their home with change under the couch. I hope you get fired or bankrupt this company. Your nothing but lying cheating greedy snakes in the grass.

U Sure you have a few snowballed employees that confide in you but the ones of us with a brain of our own hate u and want to see you crash. Take my commission and stick it where the sun don't shine y'all *** bags. Congratulations on losing the trust all the good CEOs before you worked so hard to gain.

Guess it really does just take 1 bad apple. Or in this case 2.

Do paint associates receive spiffs/commission, because I was helped tremendously by someone in paint that knew his products (yes, all of them), techniques, coverage amount, etc to help me get the job done as quick as possible with no problem at all. I'll be honest the best service I've ever received at that store are individuals who aren't a "specialist" who love working for their company.

I find it almost hilarious that I see all these comments bickering and badgering Lowes. Everyone here has a right to leave and look for jobs elsewhere..

So go do it instead of complaining. Put your energy in finding a job where you get paid the same amount you did before they took spiffs away. We all knew this was a matter of time before this came a reality and now y'all act shocked and awed by it. Go work for sears I hear thy get spiffs but I bet you wont get paint anywhere near what you make for Lowes.

Grow up!

You make your own choices you don't like it then fine go find a job in this society's amazing job market. If not settle in for the long haul and make the best of your job.

:x :( :p :cry

Worked there for three yrs. and was given nothing for my work!

I would not advise anyone to go to work for LOWES!!!!!! 8)

iF YOU WANT YOUR EMPLOYEES TO TAKE TAKE CARE OF YOUR COMPANY YOU HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR EMPLOYEES, HIRE GOOD PEOPLE AND PAY THEM WELL.

View more comments (20)