Uber never stands on the customer's side!

1. Someone hacked into my Uber account in October 2018 and a few days after made a fraudulent trip in US (I am Swedish and was at home in Stockholm at the time) and swiped $269.87 from my bank account 2. I reported it to Uber Support and to PayPal (my card was linked through PayPal) 3. No answer at all from Uber but PayPal could see that my bank activities was all in Sweden at the time for the fraudulent trip in US. 4. Paypal said they had seen a wrongful behavior and a fraud and said they would pay back. Two days later, the stolen money ($269.87) was back on my bank account. Still no response from Uber despite being included in all mail correspondence with Paypal. And even though it was the hacked Uber account that was the basic problem. 5. Almost a year later (in August 2019) I try to make a trip in Stockholm, a short trip of a couple of kilometers at a cost of SEK 173 (aprox $10) - to my surprise, it is deducted $101.48 from my card when I confirm the Uber payment !? 6. It turns out that the amount deducted ($101.48) was from the fraudulent trip in US made a year earlier. It seem to be a partial sum from fraudulent trip and this fraudulent remaining amount was now deducted from my account without warning when ordering my own trip (I had now changed from PayPal and used Apple Pay as pay gateway but had not done any Uber travel since I became cheated and had the account hacked in October 2018). HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE !? 7. I have now tried for more than 6 week to get someone at Uber Support to understand what has happened and that they need to pay me back my $101.48. 8. How could a one-year-old fraud case still lie and be active in Uber's system? 9. Uber Support consistently answer the issue without resolution. They don't even take the time to read what I or other Uber Support colleagues have said previously before they respond. They act as a meaningless support-eternity machine that answers incoherently without any solution! It's extremely frustrating. 10. Now they tell me they will closed my account if I not pay the remaining $101.48??? WTF! What remaining sum?!? I have sent Uber Support a certified bank statements and payment receipt from my bank on the fraud sum ($ 101.48) that was deducted from my account and paid to Uber Technologies! They refuse to refund my money and now the refuse to respond to me at all. A very dark pattern of bad support behavioral from Uber the whole way!
ID
Service
Uber Taxi Service
Cons
  • Uber support deliberately delays and makes handling difficult
Reason of review