Caplaw - SCAMMERS AND LIARS!!!!!!

I found myself suddenly unemployed and not being able to pay my mortgage. I started to get notices in the mail and I was working with my mortgage company (Citi Financial) to get a loan modification. After several denials and more notices of foreclosure coming to my door everyday, I looked for help on the internet. I contacted several companies offering help with foreclosures and this law firm was the first to call back. They were extremely nice and emailed me the info right away and I had to have a "phone Interview" and here is where the problem lies...by the way, I taped this phone call just to cover my own butt and I'm glad I did!!! I was "GUARANTEED" a modification (their words, not mine) and when I asked what the 3300.00 fee was that they charged I was told that was for the group of "underwriters" that was going to rewrite my loan. So I was told the word "GUARANTEED" and I was told that THEY rewrite the loan. So I agreed to this because it sounded perfect (now looking back, a little too perfect) but I was stressed over the foreclosure notices and paid the fee. I had to fill out forms (which I already did with Citi) but I filled them out AGAIN. I got a contact person of Jennifer Street at first. By the way, this law firm has several different names...anyway, you can never get a live person on the phone, it's always "leave a message or it's better to email" so I email and for the most part the response is fast although I would much rather speak to someone. Well after several denials AGAIN from Citi (keep in mind that this law firm did NOTHING but maybe send me forms that Citi was already sending me and I had to fill out myself)...I emailed Jennifer and she tells me that there are no guarantees and that the law firm DOES NOT rewrite the loans???!!! WHAT??? That is what I paid for!!! That is what I was told!!! That is why I chose this law firm!!! Well after that I was just disgusted...all this started last May and now it is February! Jennifer Street apparently no longer works for the firm so my new contact is Alicia. Citi finally approved my loan modification but I did that on my own... they approved me but only if I come up with 2200.00 by Feb 19th!! IMPOSSIBLE!!! So again I had to email Alicia (because keep in mind you cannot get a live person)and she basically told me that was the bottom line and nothing can be done! Even though I was told they would rewrite the loan in my best interest...LIES, LIES, LIES!! I feel as though I was scammed into paying 3300.00 with false promises (guarantees, as they put it) so now I am definitely facing foreclosure with no where to go, no money and I have a baby!!! And no one seems to care...Today I left messages and emails indicating to them that I was seeking legal action against them (not sure if anything can even be done), I am meeting with my state's attorney general, and I was writing a complaint against them to the Better Business Bureau. When I got home today I had two messages from the law firm to call them immediately (which obviously I WILL NOT). I am seeking a full refund since I did not get what I paid for (which was a rewrite on my home loan) and a "guarantee". I have to laugh now looking back on how *** I was but I was trying to save my childhood home. I am asking for a FULL refund so that I can have money to get a place to live so I am not out on the street. DO NOT USE THIS LAW FIRM FOR ANYTHING!!!! It's all a scam!!!!!!!! Then today they responded with some "***" (because I contacted the BBB)...but BOTOM LINE they are scammers and liars...DO NOT USE THEM and I will not stop posting complaints about them EVERYWHERE!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do go on to the Better Business Bureau and report them...I did TWICE and I am waiting for a response!!!! I am DEMANDING a refund because I did not get what I paid for!!!!

How ironic, I am going thru the exact same thing, after several contact, Lisandra, then Betty (rudest lady) and now Miss Alicia, I have been working my lender adn grateful that we are in a trial modification, Alicia knew nothing about the trial and then tells me that it is because of the firm that I gor the modification, I responded to her that nowhere in my paperwork of the modification is the law firm mentioned. They are a big scam and I totally regret paying them. :(

View more comments (1)