Camping World - Poor Work
Purchased a 2020 Thor Palazzo from Camping World of Raleigh in September 2019. I've had many issues with the vehicle one of which was that they had to install a new roof which was covered under the warranty by Thor. Now I have issues with the new roof that Camping World installed (see attached pics) and Camping World will not do anything about it.

User's recommendation: Stay away from Camping World.

ID
Cons
  • Poor follow up and providing information
  • Service and quality of work
  • Service and customer support

Thor Motor Coach - Issues with newly installed roof
I purchased a brand new 2020 Thor Palazzo from Camping World in Raleigh, NC. The unit needed a new roof which was installed by Camping World under the Thor warranty. Now the new roof has issues (see attached pics) and Camping World will not do anything about it.

User's recommendation: Stay away from Thor and Camping World!!!!!!

Thank you for sharing this experience. If you need further assistance, please contact us at 877-855-2867 or Live Chat with us on the Owners Tab at www.thormotorcoach.com. You can also email me at tmcteam@tmcrv.com with the last 8 of your VIN, phone number, and email, and I will have one of our Customer Support team members contact you.

ID
Pros
  • Substandard
  • Cheap
Cons
  • Poor customer service
  • Gross negligence in manufacturing
  • No quality control

Thor Industries - 2020 Palazzo needs new roof and horrible slide noise

Update by user Oct 23, 2019

I have also reached out to Marcus Lemonis (CEO of Camping World). He says that if you aren't happy then he's not happy. They sent a reply email stating they will be in touch BUT have never heard from them.Ed

Update by user Oct 23, 2019

I have been in contact with Thor. It has been an extremely difficult process to get them to approve the warranty work and get the parts shipped to the dealer in order for the repairs to be done.

My motorhome has now been at the dealer for over 3 weeks and none of the repairs have been done. The parts for the replacement of the roof will not even ship until 10/24/19. They cannot tell me how long it will take to get to the dealer. Once the dealer receives the parts they will need to schedule the work.

It will take at least a week to remove and replace the roof and then another week for painting. The is a list of 24 items that need to be repaired on my brand new 2020 Thor Palazzo 36.3. Now they are pushing back on me on an alignment that the vehicle needs and the salesman said he noticed the day before I took possession of the vehicle and purchased it. Bottom line --- I'm still an extremely pissed off customer.

Who knows when I will get my motorhome back.

I only had it about two weeks...now over 3 in the shop … maybe it will be a Christmas present. Yes, an extremely pissed off customer.Ed

Update by user Sep 25, 2019

Just a few phone calls but absolutely no progress at all on getting the issues resolved

Original review posted by user Sep 23, 2019
I have a list of issues with my brand new Thor Palazzo 36.3. The large slide makes a horrible noise when driving. When I took it back to camping world for service (2 weeks after purchasing) I was told the Palazzo needed a new roof since nails are about to come through the roof on my brand new Palazzo. It's been a week and still have not heard anything from Camping World or Thor.

I just emailed you the VIN number you requested.

Thank you for sharing this experience. Our Customer Support team can be reached directly at 877-855-**** (Mon-Thurs.8-5 and Fri.8-4) or you can email me at TMCTeam@***.com. You can also message me the last 8 of your VIN, Phone number and Email, and I can then have a customer support team member contact you.

View more comments (1)
ID
Cons
  • Abysmal quality
  • Abysmal service
Reason of review