Toll Brothers - No Concern for Customers

Toll Brothers recently acquired Sharp Residential. Mr. Yearly was emailed regarding this issue. He received several emails and didn’t bother to respond. If I could give negative stars I would. We bought our Sharp house in 2004. Our inspector uncovered two structural issues. We were assured both were fixed. Only one was corrected. The one that violates code IRC R-502.5 - relating to floor support, was not corrected. We uncovered this when we sold our house this past August. Since Sharp only adheres to a 10 year structural warranty, Sharp refuses responsibility. We had to pay $5600 to have the issue rectified that Sharp claimed was corrected in 2004. The VP Mr. White emailed me stating I was out of luck. They refuse any responsibility. Tom Sharp himself replied to that email with me in the email distribution stating it was “excellent” that they were denying responsibility and refusing to reimburse me. I will never again buy a Sharp built house. Or Toll Brothers due to this.
#1979052

Please feel free to ask Toll Brothers attorneys for your copy of the Water Intrusion, Framing and Mechanical Checklists. Tell Toll Brothers Attorneys, Sean Connolly from Collegeville, PA sent you.

ID
Reason of review
Original Structural Issue not corrected as promised.
Loss
Preferred solution
Reimbursement of the $5600 I spent to correct structural issue that was supposedly corrected before closing.