Resolved
North American Power's reply to:

Resolved: North American Power - Ripoff company that raise rates without notice

Hi William - thank you for your comment. We are so sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience with North American Power. After doing some research on your account, we noticed that you enrolled with us on 2/24/2018 on a 12 month fixed rate term. We then sent you two renewal notices on 1/8/2019 and 1/22/2019 to remind you of your upcoming fixed rate expiration. Since we did not hear from you by the end of your fixed rate term - and we can't make any changes to your plan without your permission - your account was moved to our month-to-month variable rate plan (as described in the Terms of Service mailed to you on 2/24/18). After learning of your concerns, we called you on 9/10/19 to review the details of your account. You agreed to a new fixed rate and, as a courtesy, we offered a refund to you on a previous invoice. Once again, we appreciate your feedback and are glad we could resolve this matter with you.
ID
Service
North American Power Residential Electricity Supply
Cons
  • Raising rates without prior notice
Reason of review
Pricing issue
Loss
Preferred solution
Price reduction
Update by user Oct 09, 2019

Refunded one month of overcharge (4-5 months actual overcharge about $400 extra charges), did not get the notice in the mail but have marked the date on my calendar to look for another provider a good month or two before the term is up next year.

Update by user Oct 09, 2019

Update:The customer service was helpful to the extent that they admit raising rates with the date started, but told me they sent a letter to that effect, which I never received. The only thing that did for me was refund the previous months extra charge not the four months of overcharge.

How they legally get away with charging a adjusted rate much higher than what PECO charges or anyone else (almost $14.0 cents KWH) is really amazing. They adjusted the rate to 8.5 cents which is mid pack or a bit higher than the cheapest rate about 6.5 cents. I don't believe I will be going back with this provider again, but I'll start about a month or so before the term is up.

This time I marked the date on my calendar. Buyer beware!

Original review posted by user Sep 09, 2019

I want to let EVERYONE here know that they are ripping people off my rates went almost double in one month from 7.87 to 13.99 cents a KWH?!?!? The rates at this time a anywhere from 5.75 to 8 cents an hour. I will contacting them about this corrupt company and will contact a lawyer also possible ANOTHER class action lawsuit.