Celltradein.com are stealing phones

I sent my used cellphone to celltradein.com for a promised trade amount of $127. They received my package containing the phone (in a very good condition), including the original box and charger. They sent me an email when they received the package: "We received your package today containing trade #[...] Your device(s) are currently in queue for inspection. Once our inspectors have finished evaluating your package contents, you will be notified via email with their findings and information regarding your payment. This process can take anywhere from 1 to 24 hours." A month after this email, I still haven't received my check, and the status of my trade on their website still says "PACKAGE RECEIVED. Your package is currently going through quality assurance and your payout will be released upon completion." Their support phone number doesn't exist! I've sent many emails to their support@***.com address, and have only been responded only twice by Geronimo Le Blanc, saying he's looking into it. I keep sending emails and receiving no response. My wife received a check from them quite promptly, but it was a bad check, so she incurred a bounced-check fee. Celltradein is simply stealing. I'm seeking litigation in my case. CELLTRADEIN IS A SCAM! Do not send your device for a trade with this website.

They were recommended to me by someone that has sent several phones to them with no problem. I just sent mine Monday so we will see.

Also, you people that got bad checks from them.

That is a criminal matter. I would contact the sheriff's departmentn and ask what can be done about it.

Celltradein.com finally sent me the payment. After 5 weeks or so of absolutely no response from them, I received an email saying they're sorry about my situation, and that they've sent the check by mail.

Although my issue got resolved, I still wouldn't recommend anyone use their services, as the risk is too high.

I am considering a class action lawsuit against Celltradein.com

Anyone else thinking about it?

@hugokline

Someone needs to do something about this co. Doing this.

View more comments (3)