Olympus Cameras false advertising no parts.

OLYMPUS CAMERA COMPLAINT After researching water proof cameras I bought the Olympus tough stylus 8010. The Olympus website shows its water proof to 33 feet. After I purchased the camera the manual states its only water proof if I send it in at least every 12 months to a authorized Olympus service center. The cost would be postage there and return with fed-x or UPS and the cost for replacing the ruber seals which the company told me is $59.95 ! This comes to close to $100 every 12 months and no camera while it sits waiting its turn to get new seals. reports run from 8-12 weeks to get your camera back after its serviced. I then asked if I could replace the seals myself and I told them I understand this would cancel the warranty. They replied with "NO" they will not let me do it myself. They refuse to sell me the seal kit and seem to think this is all right. If fact Olympus wont sell any parts for there tough stylus cameras to any of its customers. I would say this is false advertising and then high way robbery as there is nothing anywhere in the advertising of all of the tough stylus cameras. Which included more then 8 different models in there line up. Plus many last years models and older units. https://us.buyolympus.com/digital So now I am stuck with a camera that is not waterproof and I not very happy with this companies attitude of "so what" we have your money so live with the camera. if you want new seals or any other parts then you need to pay use and send in your camera. All I can say is anyone thinking about a water proof camera is to not buy it from Olympus Cameras. Olympus just doesn't stand behind its products and customers… i sure wish I knew these facts before spending good money on a camera I have to keep paying to keep it working properly.

Olympus has a new "global policy" that they will not sell parts for any of their products to anyone. They only allow their factory technicians to repair their product.

It is this kind of arrogance that makes my shout to people to "avoid Olympus at all steps".

They think they are the only company out there and they can treat people like they are all too stupid to choose other companies.As far as medical equipment, they will not sell repair parts to trained technicians and charge an inflated price for repairs. Their product is not superior either.

ID