Toth Buick - Repetative part failure, dealer refused to pay replacement costs.

The gas tank on my new Buick repeatedly developed gas leaks. Toth Buick of Akron, the dealer made several (4 or 5) fixes that did not work. Gas leaks in my garage beneath the car became a regular occurrence. The dealer fixes ceased when the cars warranty expired. After that, when the next gas tank leak occurred, Toth said the tank needed replacement and it cost me about $500 dollars. They even installed a used gas tank, that then developed another leak. An independent expert examined the tank and associated system. He found a blocked line in the tank environmental vent that caused the tank to be over-pressurized. I took Toth to small claims court to recover my out of pocket cost, but the judge was a Toth customer and decided he would get a better deal on his next purchase, if he found for the defense. My experience was totally negative with respect to how I was treated by this dealer and his service personnel.
ID
Columbus, Ohio

Crystal Clinic's knee operation is painful after 3 years.

Three years ago I had a complete knee replacement operation. For other health reasons, I was taking a blood thinner. I told the surgeon (Dr. Lewandowski) but he made no adjustment and after the operation my knee filled with blood (a hematoma). I have had pain problems ever since then. The surgeon's only advise was to take something he saw on television (Celebrex), but my family doctor said no as it would cause excess bleeding again. Recently, a therapist noted an object that may have been left in the joint during the operation. It could be the cause of the pain. I had the other knee done just this year, by a surgeon from the Cleveland Clinic, and its really doing fine. The Cleveland Clinic says 1 out of 7 knee operations done by others, that they see, are improperly done. I guess I have one of those.

I know what your saying had the same problem with a hematoma and it is still tender after 7 years

Ask your doctor to xray the knee to see if an object was left behind. It's not a common thing, but it does happen and the most common compliant from left-behind objects during surgery is ongoing, persistent pain.

Please take control of your own health and find a doctor that will do an xray. Explain you had a knee replacement and have experienced pain ever since...that alone should support an xray to check the status of the hardware used to replace the knee.

Good luck.