Piedmont Residential - BEWARE!!! DO NOT BUY A HOME FROM PIEDMONT BUILDERS!!!! JUNK!!!!!

I am NOT happy with not only the Piedmont and their inspector that came out, but the quality / durability of the products used in building the home. I had the 11 month walk through last Friday and it appears that every issue I addressed with him, was somehow either 'something I possibly did? or it was 'cosmetic and not covered'. My first issue I addressed was the fact that throughout the entire home, you can see the tape from the drywall. Some of the walls are almost wavy looking. The tape is ridiculous around every seam where the walls meet the ceiling ? throughout the entire house. Since the paint used before closing is junk, we painted the entire interior of the house about 1 month ago. (over 5k in paint and labor). The builder walked through and addressed all nail pops and I even have entire 'seams or beams? that run the length of the house showing through the ceiling. He said that its 'settling'. The house is on a slab! There shouldn't be that much settling ? if any. Secondly, when I addressed the wavy walls, I was told that is cosmetic and not their problem. Well my problem with that is that the builder shouldn't hang wavy sheet rock. For him to tell me that it was made like and cosmetic, is unacceptable. Secondly, after marking up the entire house for tape showing through, nail pops, large seams etc'. he tells me that they will come fix it, but they will only address the issues. They re-mud, but not sand. Sanding is the painters job. Then, I have to have the painting redone and that's all on me too. We are literally talking every single room in the house and a large chunk of my CEILINGS. I didn't build the house, I didn't do the terrible drywall, mudding and sanding job. I did, however, invest a ton of time and money into a home that was brand new and shouldn't have these issues. Furthermore, I had not one, but 2 pieces of siding fall off the back on the house. One on each side. It appears they drilled down to far. That is my problem too.Since I reattached it prior to a rain storm, its my problem. I reached out to them and they refuse to paint the house back like I had it because I signed a piece of paper saying custom paint is not covered. Well, when you have to redo LARGE sections of my home, you should be willing to accommodate. The home warranty provided to me, by 2-10 HW, is also JUNK. The say they are a 3rd party neutral provider.... um no, you are MY WARRANTY people. I will fight this as long as I have to.
ID
Woodstock, Georgia
Service
Piedmont Residential House Construction
Cons
  • Customer service quality of materials workmanship
Reason of review
Bad quality
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered