Heckards Door - Nightmare Experience
Today- 8/9/19- I made a post earlier in the week about @heckardsdoor & how the owner Barry Heckard, has taken our money but not done any work. He was scheduled (by him) to come do part of the work on Saturday August 3rd. Saturday came & went. After back & forth emails (never a phone call) & ridiculous excuses from him- I made my negative social media posts against Barry & @heckardsdoor. (See attached photo.) He reached out via email, repeatedly asking me to take them down & for me to give him the chance to “make it right.” I told him I would take them down when he came & did the work. He said he would personally do the work himself & rescheduled for this past Wednesday (the 7th) morning & said he would personally be at the house between 9-10am. So (against my better judgement) I removed my Social Media posts. Rick (my husband) waited until 10:30 & of course, Barry never showed up. Rick calls him. He answers & says “I sent your wife emails early this morning saying that we are working on all of the wood for your project & then that he would be here WITH A CREW to complete the job on Friday.” Rick explained to him that we don’t check our emails every hour on the hour & that he should’ve called. I checked my email. 9:26AM he sent me an email. In one of his emails- he even said “please don’t be angry.” So.... fast forward to today. This morning came... & went. No Barry or crew. Rick called Barry (straight to VM,) I call Barry (Straight to VM)- we call the business numbers posted on IG. No answer. We call the number on the @heckardsdoor website- No answer. I send Barry a “where are you?” Emails. Finally- at the same time- Rick & I get a text from good ole Barry- (I have screen shots of both texts) - he tells me at 1:20 that he’s in Utah for a family situation... he answers Rick at 1:22 “In Montana.” SO.... 3 missed appointments later- LIE after LIE, excuse after excuse- here I sit, making this post. This is my first time in the history of Social Media, to post something negative like this about a company. I don’t EVER tell our personal business- but this guy is into us for almost 17K!! We paid him the required deposit for a custom door that I designed, and our front columns wrapped in wood & a tongue & groove front porch ceiling on 4/3/19- & we have NOTHING to show for it. Please pass the word. Not more than 15 minutes after my social media posts today- Barry was blowing up my phone with more excuses. Funny thing is, he said in one text that he didn’t even know he was responding to Rick. Considering the text says “Barry, this is Rick...” it’s hard to imagine he thought he was talking to me. There’s so much more BS, but I will stop here. We are in Green Cove Springs, Florida And we are PISSED OFF customers. Do NOT hire this business!
#2001460

please call me 386-454-****

ID
Gainesville, Florida
Cons
  • Company does not answer the phone
  • Cancellation policy is terrible
  • Do not show up for appointments
Reason of review
3 “no show” appointments and no work done.
Loss