Cactus Critter Sitters=wrong choice for your petsitting needs

I want to inform people about a flaky petsitting business called Cactus Critter Sitters located in Mesa, Az. We were going away for a week's vacation and I scheduled an appointment 3 months in advance to meet the owner of this company. We scheduled the appointment one week before we left. She was supposed to be at our house at 10am. At 10:30 she still hadn't shown up so I left a message on her voice mail to call me if she needed directions. At 10:45 she still hadn't arrived or called me back. I was completely nervous by then and frantically calling other petsitting services. Thank God a neighbor agreed to watch our pets. I called the owner back and told her we found someone else and won't be using her services. If we didn't find someone to watch our pets we may have had to cancel our vacation thanks to the flaky owner of Cactus Critter Sitters. She never did call to give an explanation of her absence either. If you live in Arizona and have friends or family that use petsitting please tell them to avoid this company. I don't want anyone else going thru our experience.

How many boards do you have to slander this poor business owner? We have used Cactus Critter Sitters for years and we love them.

From reading your post is it possible there was miscommunication about the time or day of your appointment? I know we would ALWAYS receive a confirmation call one to two days before our appointment to meet with our pet sitter. Also, meeting a week before you leave is not unusual. From your notes I don’t show you indicated that you received any call to from CCS to confirm the appointment with you.

Plus, based off your post you gave CCS less than an hour to respond. Is that truly fair to them? I mean really, ANYTHING could have happened in less than 1 HOUR, that would have delayed a call back such as an emergency with pets in their care or they had their phone off while meeting a new client. Then I also see you noted that you called back to advise you found someone else.

In the business with pet sitting, these calls happen all the time of last minute cancellations of service because they found a friend or neighbor to do it for them for cheaper or for free. Personally, I would not have called you back either based off this post and your message that you no longer wanted CCS services. That is just me. I love CCS and so do my babies!

Thanks for letting me rant and rave. If you search for CCS you find this is the one and only bad feedback in since they opened in 2004. People should really think before they put things online, because you can never truly remove it. I also realize you can not make everyone happy, but WE ARE HAPPY WITH CCS!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! :)

ID
Germantown, Maryland

Cactus Critter Sitters - Petsitter did not show up for appointment

We were going on a vacation for a week and contacted Cactus Critter Sitters located in Mesa, Arizona to take care of our pets. I set up an appointment to meet with the owner ONE WEEK before we left and she Did Not Show Up! I called a half hour after the appointment and got her voice mail. I left a message to call if she needs directions getting here. After waiting another 15 minutes I frantically contacted other places. Thankfully a neighbor said she would take care of our pets. Do Not hire this company. The owner never did show up OR call. In my opinion they are extremely flaky.

We have used Cactus Critter Sitters for years and we love them.javascript:ac_smilie(':grin') From reading your post is it possible there was miscommunication about the time or day of your appointment? I know we would always receive a confirmation call one to two days before our appointment to meet with our pet sitter.

From your notes I don’t show you indicated that you received any call to from CCS to confirm the appointment with you. Plus, based off your post you gave CCS less than an hour to respond. Anything could have happened in that hour, that would have delayed a call back such as an emergency with pets in their care or they had their phone off while meeting a new client. Then I also see you noted that you called back to advise you found someone else.

In the business with pet sitting, these calls happen all the time of last minute cancellations of service because they found a friend or neighbor to do it for them for free. So if I cancelled I wouldn't expect a call back. Anyways, I LOVE CCS and so do my babies! Thanks for letting me rant and rave.

If you search for CCS you find this is the one and only bad feedback in 5+ years.

People should really think before they put things online, because you can never truly remove it. :grin

ID