Hampton And Hampton Management And Leasing - HAMPTON AND HAMPTON MANAGEMENT- BEWARE OF SCAM!!!

Hampton & Hampton Management and Leasing is running a scam and we want potential victims to be informed. We rented a high-end property through this company for almost 2 years. Before moving in, at lease signing, they make you sign a ton of documents stating all sorts of rules and regulations you have to follow (excluding actual Lease). One of these is a "Video Tape Ackowledgement" stating they've taken a very detailed video of the property and that it should be given back in the same condition it was given. Here's the scam!!! Before move-in, we asked the office manager to do a walk-through with us to make note of any problems. She tells us that the "very detailed video" is what they refer to. We had no reason to doubt this since it was on an official document. Throughout our tenancy, we were model tenants. Never had a missed or late payment, we made several enhancements to the property at our own expense, we abided by ALL the terms & conditions of EVERY document we signed. The 2 owners of this company each performed detailed inspections and were extremely impressed with how well we kept the home. Upon move-out, we had the home professionally cleaned and all carpeting professionally steam cleaned-with proof of receipt to the office. At move-out, we asked for a walk-through. This time a different office manager tells us "we don't do walk-throughs, there is a very detailed video,." We took every painstaking measure to ensure that we would get every penny of our security deposit back!. Well guess what?! About a month after move-out, we get a notice in the mail. They took a chunk of our security deposit for totally unnecessary carpet cleaning services!!! We did everything they required us to do, and then some! Regardless, they totally lied to us! They never, ever looked at the video they repeatedly told us about.. That video was our protection as they repeatedly implied.. THIS COMPANY IS RUNNING A SCAM! and will take your money no matter how well you keep the property:. BEWARE of Hampton and Hampton Management:. The owners and office personnel are running this company based on a web of lies.. They blatantly lied to us and they will probably lie to you too! Save yourself the trouble and DO NOT LEASE WITH THIS COMPANY!!! It's so true what the other reviews about this company say: the office personnel are rude, uneducated, misinformed and the icing on the cake is that the two owners of this company who call themselves "real estate professionals" are two-faced liars who teach all their staff to behave the same way!!!!

I agreed they are very Rude DO NOT LEASE WITH THIS COMPANY!!! Carolyn Small the worse agent ever

I agree with the rudeness and unprofessional aspect of the staff. I, too, am a model tenant.

However, I took my own video and pictures. This is Florida and I learned they lie, cheat and steal here. I was burnt once but never again.

I will give them a copy of my video and a binder with my pictures before and after.

The above statement is so true. The two owners are two-faced liars. Stay away from this awful company!

View more comments (2)
ID
Tampa, Florida

Hampton And Hampton Management And Leasing - Hampton & Hampton Management-Beware of Scam!!!

Hampton & Hampton Management and Leasing is running a scam and we want potential victims to be informed. We rented a high-end property through this company for almost 2 years. Before moving in, at lease signing, they make you sign a ton of documents stating all sorts of rules and regulations you have to follow(excluding actual Lease). One of these is a "Video Tape Ackowledgement" stating they've taken a very detailed video of the property and it should be given back in the same condition it was given. Here's the scam!!! Before move-in, we asked the office manager to do a walk-through with us to make note of any problems. She tells us that the "very detailed video" is what they refer to. We had no reason to doubt this since it was on an official document. Throughout our tenancy, we were model tenants. Never had a missed or late payment, we made several enhancements to the property at our own expense, we abided by ALL the terms & conditions of every document we signed. The 2 owners of this company each performed detailed inspectons and were extremely impressed with how well we kept the home. Upon move-out, we had the home professionally cleaned and all carpeting professionally steam cleaned-with proof of receipt to the office. At move-out, we asked for a walk-through. This time a different office manager tells us "we don't do walk-throughs, there is a very detailed video." We took every painstaking measure to ensure that we would get every penny of our security deposit back. Well guess what?! About a month after move-out, we get a notice in the mail. They took a chunk of our security deposit for totally unnecessary carpet cleaning services!!! We did everything they required us to do, and then some! Regardless, they totally lied to us! They never, ever looked at the video they repeatedly told us about. That video was our protection as they repeatedly implied. THIS COMPANY IS RUNNING A SCAM! and will take your money no matter how well you keep the property. BEWARE of Hampton and Hampton Management. The owners and office personnel are running this company based on a web of lies. They blatantly lied to us and they will probably lie to you too! Save yourself the trouble and DO NOT LEASE WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

I am a owner who used Hampton and Hampton for several of my properties. They are a scam to say the least.

I have never seen so many fees for document signing, 20% being added to maintenance invoices and the list goes on and on.

Best thing I can say is run like *** and never look back. Kim Hampton and Scott Hampton are a joke.

I agree with the above complaint. Hampton and Hampton Management and Leasing is a scam.

The company has unprofessional and incompetent individuals working in the office. They will make promises to you and the company is not looking out for your best interest as a tenant. Their concern is the amount of money they are making from you. They pride themselves on being the most referred company and managing 200 plus properties when the realty is they are overwhelmed, stretched thin, and under-staffed.

When I tried to complain about my experience the brokers/owners (Kim Hampton and Scott Hampton) refuse to resolve my issues or address the complaints. Huge companies like this should be regulated and governed by an association to end the mis-treatment and abuse renters/tenants are experiencing.

View more comments (1)