North American Power's reply to:

North American Power - Review in Utility category from Norwalk, Connecticut

Hi Eric - thank you for your comment. We are so sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience with North American Power. After doing some research on your account, we noticed that you enrolled with us on May 5, 2010 on a variable rate plan. As described in the Terms of Service and welcome letter you were sent upon enrollment, after your first month, you would continue to be charged our month to month variable rate. The terms also state you can cancel at any time without penalty or choose a new fixed rate. Since we did not hear from you - and we can't make any changes to your plan without your permission - we continued to bill you at our variable rate price. You called us on August 6, 2019 to discuss your plan and requested to speak with a supervisor. The supervisor returned your call on August 7, 2019 and reviewed the details of your account history. As a courtesy, we offered a refund to you on 2019 invoices and you agreed. Once again, we appreciate your feedback and are glad we were able to resolve this matter with you.
ID
Cons
  • Price gauging
Reason of review
Pricing issue
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Pricing gauging thieves charging over double UI Rate. I will See you in court!

Reporting to BBA and consumer projection! I was not aware this was my electric provider went from 5 people in my household to 1 took measures to reduce bill and it keep going up. I finally called UI and said you are charging me more than I should be charged.

Realized UI was not provider (still do not understand this) UI Rate 8.32 NA Power charging 16.99! Called NA power asked to speak to Manager keep me on hold said they did not have me listed as customer than said Manger was in Meeting (BULL *** he would call me back no callback!

See you in court ***