Heatilator Fireplaces/Bottoms in Customer Service

My 27 year old condo has a Heatilator Fireplace. The doors are in need of replacement. I emailed their customer service department to inquire as to where I could purchase replacement doors. Their response, verbatim: "Sorry the doors are no longer available." I wrote back to ask for possible substitute doors from other manufacturers. The response was There are no substitutes. So I have to remove the entire fireplace and install a new one? Because the doors are falling apart? I replaced the doors on my last fireplace and the manufacturer was no longer in business. All I needed was the Brand, Model and Serial number. If I need a new fireplace, it WILL NOT BE A HEATILATOR.

First of all, it's 27 yeras old. That's the first problem.

Second of all, factory manufactured fireplaces, for the most part, use all proprietary parts. Other than class B vent pipe, there are no "universal/interchangeable" parts or accessories. It was that way then and it is the same way in 2013. Don't get factory manufactured fireplaces confused with all masonary fireplaces that have a world of after market parts and accessories.

Apples and oranges there. I've been selling fireplaces for 18 years and we'll pull out old fireplaces and replace with new ones a couple of times a month. Don't let your ignorance of an industry cloud your judgement in terms of Heatilators customer service.

They just told you the truth. Whether or not it's what you wanted to hear is irrelavant.

@Fireplace Guy

Fireplace Guy, loved your response! Do you repair Heatilator fireplaces?

I have an rbv4236it that will spark but not light. I am getting zero return calls from Fireside hearth and home. Unit has never been lit. An honest repair guy came out and looked at everything and said there was gas up to the unit, but he didnt repair heatilators, and he charged me nothing!

I have lived in home one year, but home sat empty for three years after construction.

If you don't do you have a reference? Thanks

View more comments (1)