American Cleaners in Austin took a week to tell me they can't clean my garment

Lynn at American Cleaners at 2818 S. Lamar in Austin, TX (78745) just called me every 4-letter word under the sun when I told her I was angry at having to come back 3 times only to find my garment returned uncleaned. She threatened to call the police. There are many other dry cleaners in town. Please use any other, perhaps one that values their customers. Washburn Cleaners on S. Congress just closed a month or so ago. What a loss. They were incredible in their treatment of their customers. I hope they'll find a new location soon.

Folks,

I was part owner of a high quality Dry Cleaning franchise in the North. I was going to use this business, but have decided not to after all the bad press.

There is no excuse for this type serivice. We carried product liability insurance,a nd they probably do also. The industry usually REQUIRES such business to pay for damanges.

Take them to small claims court--this is the best way to get a quick response. BBB is a joke--they are owned by business owners.

American Cleaners on Jollyville Rd first claimed they had no record of my transaction. They promised on three seperate occasions to investigate and get back to me.

They never did. Later I found the Pickup Ticket. Then they claimed the clothing had been returned to me which is a blatant lie.

I have gone to their store twice and called several times with no results. Don't do business with them.

View more comments (1)