ServiceMaster Clean - ServiceMastar Charge for Services Not Performed

ServiceMaster (Advanced Cleaning in Mobile, AL) sent us a statement for work not performed. When we contacted them about the mistake. They indicated that we should pay for the services even though they fully understood they did not do the work. I can't say that all the ServiceMaster franchises follow this type of practice. However, according to an attorney that I hired, he indicated that this is a tactic that some companies use to force individuals to pay additional fees. The cost to fight the complaint is more than the invoice. I paid the $1,600 and decided to never use ServiceMaster in the future.

Bogus Story - Service Master did provide minimal services. However they added additional services not performed thinking that our insurance company would simple pay without question.

My deductible was higher than the invoice. We involved attorneys and had the bill reduced. I was trying to make a long story shot.

The bottom line is use caution with this specific company; Service Master Advanced Cleaning located in Mobile AL. One would hope that most Service Master Franchises would be ethical.

Forgive me if this is true, but I am calling B.S. on this one.

The company admitted that they in fact did NOT do the work but told you to pay the bill anyway and YOU DID. There is definitely something wrong with this story. No company would say "yes, that is correct we didn't do the work but we expect you to pay for it anyway".

And no customer who is giving a full account of their story would ever pay that bill. You are either the worlds biggest sucker, or you are leaving a huge part of the story out.

View more comments (1)