USAA Insurance - Sells Your Data

A friend of mine recomended USAA. I called and got a quote. It was 2.5 times higher than GEICO, including umbrella, so I told them thanks, but not thanks. Withing a week, I started getting calls from insurance solicitors on my provate line. I had made the mistake of calling USAA from that number, and, even though I did not give the number to them directly, they captured it on caller ID and sold my information. Solution - if you have to call them, use your Google phone or other similar. Better yet, don't waste your time with a company that is not only not competitive, but from what I read, has terrible claim service.

I am a loyal USAA customer/employee and absolutely do not believe that the USAA CEO would permit that kind of conduct: e.g. selling membership data to other insurers.

So I suggest that you write General Robles directly at:

Josue Robles, Jr.

CEO - USAA

34 Royal Gardens Dr

San Antonio, TX 78248

and ask General Robles plainly and directly whether we employees sold your data.

General Robles is an extremely honest and transparent man: and he will respond to you right away. I think that we can also expect General Robles to respond right here on these pages.

Information is not sold, I have never had that problem.

USAA is higher if you do not have any other accounts with them. If you open a savings account or anything, the rates drop significantly. GEICO was twice as high for me and with less coverage than what USAA provides.

Also throwing the *** flag

That is where the lie comes in. USAA does not sell information, period.

I find it interesting that the responder would be reading a web site called pissed consumer looking for comments on a company he personally is happy with. Sounds like someone on the inside trying to thwart the free flow of information.

I can assure him (and anyone else who reads this) that USAA sold, or gave away, my personal information and private phone number. I specifically asked the cold caller where they got my data and they told me USAA.

None of this is true. Have used USAA for years and they NEVER sell your information.

View more comments (5)