The Roomstore files for Bankruptcy

The Roomstore has filed for Bankruptcy on today Monday 12/12/11. Apparently they will be closing a lot of their stores but they have not said how many stores will be closing. For anyone that has purchased any furniture from them but has not received it or is having problems with the furniture they purchased such as getting it repaired, this is probably the reason why. The articles says they've laid off quite a few employees. This couldn't make me any happier especially when they never delivered my furniture after repeated promises and lies that they would do so causing me to have to get a full refund of my furniture. Unlike some people I was lucky to get a full refund. I hope everyone else who has ongoing problems with them are able to get them resolved. http://www2.timesdispatch.com/business/2011/dec/12/2/the-roomstore-files-for-chapter-11-bankruptcy-ar-153****/

I ordered 14000.00 worth of furniture from the Room store due to the fact that that we lost everything in the tri county fires. We recieved everything except the recliner, with four different deliveries and three date changes on the deliveries.

I have been calling customer service for a month to get a refund for the recliner and all they can tell me is that they will email the refund department and then call me back when they have an answer. This is getting ridiculous and since we are tri county fire victims we can get the media to listen to us easily, maybe that is the route I need to take to get the money back for the one piece of furniture that we are missing.

Cohena2, I guess you cannot get it all at the roomstore. Everyone else, I am very sorry...but OP, you reap what you sow by flaming everyone! Find something much healthier to do w/ your life, k?

SD I went to the store location where I bought my furniture and asked for my refund. The manager refunded me pretty quickly.

Before going to the store I emailed the Roomstore and told them I was pissed about not receiving my furniture after two months of waiting and either wanted my furniture in 7 days no more or a refund. I also reiterated in the email if they did not comply to my demand I would not only be taking my story to the local news but I'd be hiring a lawyer and taking them to small claims court. The next day the manager of the store location where I bought the furniture told me to come in and get a full refund because they couldn't get me my recliner in 7 days.

Either email or call them with those demands. If that doesn't work then threaten to go to the local news and hire a lawyer for small claims court.

Hi guys,

can anyone tell me the procedure to follow to ask for a refund? Roomstore has given us a lot of trouble.

Don't want to take their anymore delay.Email me your suggestion at sachindey0608@***.com. Thanks.

I am the Director of Customer Loyalty for RoomStore. We are working to resolve all issues with our Customers to include refunds and on order furniture. I am sorry we were unable to serve you in a timely manner.

I'm glad you got your money back in time. I was also lucky and got my money back in the middle of last month after a two month fiasco of never receiving what I purchased. We're both very lucky customers but I feel bad for the people who will not be as lucky and will be taken be this company.

We got our money back Sun before the announcement. We had an inside source that told us this 3 weeks ago. But we waited for signs to.prove his facts and he was on point.

View more comments (6)
ID
Ellicott City, Maryland

The Roomstore - Still waiting on my recliner to be delivered

I will say my first purchase of an entertainment center purchased from the Roomstore last year was delivered on time, without an problems and works great. But I purchased a recliner from the Roomstore in Columbia, MD on 9/17/11 because of my previous positive experience with the roomstore. I bought this to replace my broken recliner. I was told by the sales lady named Susan Quinn (who was very nice and pleasant) that the recliner was on back order with the manufacturer but they would have one in stock and delivered to me by the end of September. Wrong! I called customer service at the beginning of October only to be told the item was not yet in stock but it would be in stock and delivered to me by Mid October. Wrong again! I called their customer service late last week only to now be told they will not have that recliner in stock till early to mid November at the earliest and that is not even a guarantee. I bought this recliner to replace the broken one I have at home that is killing my back. If I had known I would get this big of a runaround I would've bought the recliner I saw at Haverty's that was a little bit more. I didn't like it as much but I guarantee you it would've been delivered by now. I was going to throw my old recliner out thinking I would have my new recliner by now. Thank goodness I did not or I would have no chair to sit on. I plan to call customer service tomorrow and if I get the runaround go into the store and demand some answers. All I want is what I paid for so I don't have to continue sitting on my broken recliner. Total BS and very unprofessional customer service.

Why don't you stop being such a lazy *** and build you own *** furniture.

You were completely right and I was wrong. There are lots of people posting comments on here that are not needed and are petty at best to say the least. Those are the kind of comments that ruin of the credibility of this ebsite.

My comment is just as valid as yours, horrible customer service, the company lost my business after 10 years and who knows how many thousands of dollars later. Getting rude, mean comments is what makes this site lose it's credibility...I see it constantly.

Personal attacks like name calling though, is a whole new level of disregard for simple decent humanity and that is what I have seen from you...PERSONAL ATTACKS. It's as simple as I mentioned, just treat others as you would like to be treated.

For one thing there is no way for me to erase comments on here. So that is not possible.

There is no feature to do so. Unless you care to show me where the feature is located. Which I am sure you cannot. Secondly at least my complaint was valid as a consumer.

Most people that log "so called" complaints on here are either not a consumer, make up a bogus complaint or they complain about something that has no business being on here (such as a McDonald's driving forgetting to put ketchup packets in their bag while in drive thru).

Ridiculous post like that are what ruin the credibility of this website. Besides if you don't like what I wrote, its that simple just ignore it.

How does it feel? You feel very upset about your situation (your complaint) but no one else can be upset after they receive horrible service? Treat others as you yourself would like to be treated.

COHENA2 erases comments on her own stuff but finds it perfectly acceptable to personally attack everyone else. So why should anyone care about what you have to say? Try being nice...if you can.

Do you have a life? Nothing better to do than stay on here all day and comment on your own comments and put everyone else down...yeah, I have seen your personal attacks to other users...but you think you have a right to complain?

No one else can post a complaint but you?

Who cares about your *** recliner and your *** comments? NO ONE!!!!

Hopefully my last update about my AWFUL Roomstore experience. I went to the Roomstore on RT.

40 in Catonsville, MD to see what they would say about the my recliner. I was told the recliner would not be in stock till late December or early January at the very earliest. I went back to the Columbia, MD store and Margo processed my refund after I decliner floor model or another recliner. Hopefully refund comes soon.

DO NOT SHOP AT THE ROOMSTORE BECAUSE THEY LIE ABOUT WHEN ITEMS WILL BE IN STOCK TO GET A SALE!! They just lost a customer which I'm sure they don't care about.

Another update. I emailed the customer loyalty department last night.

This evening around 5:30 I received a call from Margo who said she was the store manager of the store in Columbia, MD. She said she had received an email from me explaining how upset I am about my order. I explain to her how upset I am about my ordeal. I then ask if I can have my recliner in a different color because my sales woman Susan Quinn told me the color I wanted was the only color that was out of stock.

Margo the supposed store manager tells me she can't switch me to another color because the Roomstore is out of stock on all furniture made by Franklin and has been for many months. I'm then told the mfgr which is Franklin keeps pushing back the date on when they will ship the Roomstore the items. She says they have no furniture made by Franklin instock. She then offers me the floor model at a discounted price of $50 off.

For all my trouble and hassle all I am offered is $50 off. Really? I want to order a NEW chair NOT a USED floor model. Who goes to a store looking to purchase a floor model?

Also why not tell me up front they're out of stock on all furniture made by Franklin? Further proof that the Roomstore is only out to make a sale and doesn't care about their customers.

Hopefully when I go into the store tomorroe they don't give me a hassle about getting a full refund of my money. The Roomstore just lost another customer.

View more comments (12)