Plunkett Heating and Air - Plunkett billed me for free estimate I never received.

Plunkett Heating & Air wanted to bid on HVAC work for our home. They sent a service tech (kid) out to take measurements so their account rep could work up a "free estimate" for us. Never heard back from them, and never received any estimate. A few week later, however, received a bill for a $90 service fee for what they called "inspecting duct work". When I called on it I was told the account rep, Lewis, was on vacation and that he was the "only" person who could handle the matter. He never returned my call, or the next one for that matter. Finally reached him on my 3rd attempt, a couple months later, and he said he'd "look into it" and get back to me. Lewis never called back, but I got another bill days later, along with some hastily written 2-line note that he'd scribbled "Estimate" on. I attempted contacting them a couple more times, but was never able to reach anyone who knew, or cared, anything about the matter. Then got a call from their collections agent recently... all for $94.05 (after their late fees). Don't understand how anyone can do business this way. I most certainly would NOT recommend letting them onto your property, even to do a "free estimate"!!

I've been a customer of Plunkett Htg. & Air for over 25 years.

I don't know any other company in the CSRA that comes close to their professional and friendly service. A company can't get it right 100% of the time, so my guess is that Jsnappy is a statistic.

I've been a customer of Plunkett Htg. & Air for over 25 years.

View more comments (1)