TWX (Synapse Group, Inc.)magazine ripoff

This company hacked my bank account Sept/Oct and got $87 for 3 magazines I did not subscribe to. Their phone number is (877) 813-**** and their website is www.magcustserv.com My bank is helping me get the money back. So far they refunded $72 and I'm still trying to get the other $15. If this company hacks you, dog them fast & furious and get help from the Federal Trade Commission and your bank. It works. Do not accept this "auto-renewal" scam. Consumer Reports 11/03 cites a successful 2006 lawsuit by Iowa to stop Time Warner from doing this but they continue.

I'm in same boat. calling my bank.

the heavily accented person on the end of the line was not willing to help me, despite threats of calling law enforcement and making a small claims court action against them. so social media until then.

@Hi-ho-mark-o

they refunded about $5. probably for the "current" subscription time, not the hacked stolen money from before.

let me know if you got all your money back from them. I'm going to my bank.

Thanks for the phone number! I called it, pressed '0' at every prompt and got a customer service rep who was very pleasant, took the info and SAID (we'll see, won't we?) that the unauthorized subscriptions were cancelled, the money was being refunded, and, at my request, the contact info would be purged from their system within 5 days. Will watch, and if this doesn't work, will contact both the credit card company and the bank.

First get things correct. No legit Company with an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau can and would "***" your account. I hate Retards.

View more comments (3)
ID
Ocala, Florida

TWX - Theft:bank account unauthorized withdrawals

TWX in New York stole $87 from my bank account I found out today. Cancelled debit card and ordered new one. Am on Social Security so even this small amount hurts bigtime. This is magazine scam. They tried more than 25 times since July 2011 to withdraw funds but failed due to false entries--but they had the number. They get away with it until YOU catch it. These "failed transactions" do not show up on your statement so you don't know it's going on until you see unknown charges or are OVERDRAWN!! Then you're in BIG trouble. WATCH OUT for this scam. My bank is helping me to get my money back. Make sure your bank helps you. Report this Identity Theft to Federal Trade Commission, Identity Theft Hotline at 877-438-****; Social Security at 800-269-**** Fraud Hotline, and file a local police report. They recommend you also call Experion at 888-397-**** for credit bureau alert regarding you rating.
ID