Karastan never again.

Purchased Karastan area rug 5.3x7.10 from Macy`s The Fine Rug Gallery at Macy`s 155 Glen Cove road Carl Place N.Y.4/22/2019 Rug arrived 1 week later e-mailed Karastan told them the carpet will not stop sheading all over my home gave the carpet a good hand held vacuum inch by inch went back to the store asked them to put in a complaint to Karastan lady said she did on July 3ed 2019 called Karastan several times only to get the run around with phone numbers that went nowhere The carpet fiber sticks to the bottom of your shoes .

Hello, I'm Laura with Karastan, and I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your area rug. You mention calling Karastan but I'm not sure if you've contacted Mohawk Home, which is the area rug division of Mohawk Industries (owner of Karastan).

Mohawk Home would be happy to assist you - you can give them a call at your convenience at 800-553-****. I apologize again for your experience with your area rug.

#1719283
@Laura.from.Mohawk

Laura,I was asked to send all photo`s and e-mails witch I did I was told yesterday I would not receive a refund witch I asked for I was asked to sign a letter that states they will pick up the area rug and I receive a credit for Macy`s Fine Rug Gallery good for 30 days I`m not happy because what happens if I can`t find something I want I will have to settle just to pick something I don`t think a credit should be good for only 30 days this is not the outcome I was hoping for.

#1720318
@Anonymous

Hello, I apologize that you are unhappy with the offer of the credit to choose a different rug within 30 days. I don't know if the offer can be modified, but please communicate your concerns to whomever provided you with the offer, whether it was your Macy's store or the Mohawk Home team.

I apologize again for your experience. Laura with Karastan

#1720772
@Laura.from.Mohawk

Did so to no avail does the 30 days start after they pickup the return when does it start. Went back to Macy`s yesterday to see if I could find another Area Rug every rug that I liked I was told they shed so I will not repeat that again.

I`m hoping they get some new stock in the colors I need (navy) I hate to buy something I don`t like just to use the Credit in 30days. Linda

@Anonymous

Hello Linda, I recommend asking your retailer when the 30 days begins, as they will be able to check this with their contact at Mohawk Home. I apologize again for your experience. Laura with Karastan

View more comments (4)