Advanced Reviewer

Wyndham Hotels And Resorts - Wyndham Rewards should be Wind Ham!

I applied for a Wyndham rewards Credit card. I was declined? I have a credit score over 700+, I recently requested a competitor credit line (online) and in less than 5 minutes received a $3500.00 credit limit. I own my own home on 8 acres free and clear. I paid cash for it. I applied for a Wyndham rewards credit card so that I could pay for my stay yesterday and today and receive 2 free nights. Now my total bill is going to be $125.00. You mean to tell me I can't get a Wyndham rewards credit card limit of say $500.00?? So My question is. Does Wyndham Rewards really ever want to give FREE nights? Seems Not so.

They did you a favor... stay away from this company, just look at the reviews.

After checking with Wyndham about being behind on my maintenance fees of $2142.52. Do to my wife passing away September 15, 2010 and causing a financial strain on me. I let Wyndham know back then that I would be getting behind on my maintenance fee and told them to use all my points to pay them that would not be using the condos for awhile. I did not know how long it would take me to get everything caught up. I am just now getting things caught back up. Now I have learned from Wyndham that they have foreclosed on the Myrtle Beach property. I am not sure how Wyndham works as far as foreclosure but the Myrtle Beach property was paid off. We paid 12,500 dollars for this property on 1/2008 cash. So what I see is that Wyndham foreclosed because I owed $2142.52 in maintenance fees. Now I don’t understand if Wyndham took the property that was paid off for $12,500 dollars why would they not apply some of the money to the owed late fees. So my question is what happened to the points on my three condos I owned paying the maintenance fees and why was not some of the $12,500 dollars applied to the maintenance fees but yet I still owe $2142.52 in maintenance fees. Now with that said will I also be foreclosed on the Bluebeard’s beach club condo which is paid off at $11,766 dollars, and the Daytona Beach. Ocean walk condo which I paid cash of $17000 for. That will be a total of $ 41,266 dollars for maintenance fees I still owe. I need a little help understanding how this works for me. And how this works for Wyndham. Thank You Duane Waterman

This is what they have posted on their Face book page. CLUB WYNDHAM® is part of Wyndham Vacation Ownership, the world's largest vacation ownership company.

There's way to many issues for us to know why it was decline. However regardless this isn't a Wyndham issue, it's whatever bank issues the card's issue.

All Wyndham has done is allow their name and program to be used in conjunction with a credit card.

View more comments (2)
ID
#451901 Review #451901 is a subjective opinion of poster.
New York, New York

Advanced Reviewer

Forever Resorts Mammoth Cave Hotel - Avoid Mammoth Cave Hotel !

We had reservations at the Mammoth Cave Hotel for 07/08/2013 with a departure date of 07/10/2013. The Hotel room was the worst room I have ever had in all my years of travel. It was old and very outdated. I went to take a shower, the fan in the bathroom did not work, but it had dust balls in the louvers the size of golf balls. The air conditioner was just about worthless and I'm glad I brought my own fan. I was told there was WiFi service when I checked in and was given the password/login information. I was never able get logged on in the room and so I went down to the lobby. The front desk was of no help getting me connected and the signal across from the actual room the server was in still gave a weak signal. I was down there until 1:30 AM attempting to get connected, all I was told was “well that’s all I know about the WiFi” The dog facilities were ridicules, our dogs are inside dogs. We left them in the car overnight with the windows cracked. My wife was outside tending to the dogs at about 12:30AM and 2 young kids 16-17? Were hanging around her. She called me down and soon they wandered off. I contacted the front desk and asked about parking lot security. They said, the parking lot security ends at midnight. I see 2 problems with this, if you are a rapist or thief what time of day would you most likely be working this area? Second, why in the *** would a hotel even tell someone on the phone when security stops? WTH? By the way there is no cell phone coverage. For a National Park Hotel that calls itself a resort, we were extremely dissatisfied and disappointed. I told the person at the checkout desk about our stay and all she had to say was sorry. Totally below quality guest services it was apparent there was no training. I would like to say we canceled our second night stay. We went down to Cave city and stayed at the Super 8. It was like a suite compared to the room we left and for less money. Internet hooked up no problem, the rest of our trip we never had any trouble with internet connection.

Dish Network Huge Rip OFF

Every time I received my bill, it was incorrect. Then when I cancelled, I had a 200.00 visa card from Direct TV to change back and the 200.00 would help offset the early termination fee. That was over 2 month's ago I canceled Dish. Then they charged 220+ on my credit card and have yet to give me any final bill reflecting the amount. I called them, got the run around, asked for a supervisor and received their voice mail. I left a message and was never called back. I told them on the phone I would dispute the credit card charge unless they provided me a final bill. Still no Bill.

Hi, my name is Cheri Torres and I work on the Social Media Team at DISH. I can definitely understand your frustration with this and would like to help! Can you please send me an email at Cheri.Torres@***.com with your account information? I look forward to assisting you.

Cheri Torres

Social Media Representative

DISH L.L.C.

Cheri.Torres@***.com

Applebees - Fired for sharing a comment by the customer

AUS waitress who was fired after she posted a picture of a tip receipt on Reddit, wrote for us: I was a waitress at Applebee’s restaurant in Saint Louis. I was fired Wednesday for posting a picture on Reddit.com of a note a customer left on a bill. I posted it on the web as a light-hearted joke. This didn’t even happen at my table. The note was left for another server, who allowed me to take a picture of it at the end of the night. Someone had scribbled on the receipt, “I give God 10%. Why do you get 18?” I assumed the customer’s signature was illegible, but I quickly started receiving messages containing Facebook profile links and websites, asking me to confirm the identity of the customer. I refused to confirm any of them, and all were incorrect. I worked with the Reddit moderators to remove any personal information. I wanted to protect the identity of both my fellow server and the customer. I had no intention of starting a witch-hunt or hurting anyone. Now I’ve been fired. The person who wrote the note came across an article about it, called the Applebee’s location, and demanded everyone be fired — me, the server who allowed me to take the picture, the manager on duty at the time, the manager not on duty at the time, everyone. It seems I was fired not because Applebee’s was represented poorly, not because I did anything illegal or against company policy, but because I embarrassed this person. In light of the situation, I would like to make a statement on behalf of wait staff everywhere: We make $3.50 an hour. Most of my paychecks are less than pocket change because I have to pay taxes on the tips I make. After sharing my tips with hosts, bussers, and bartenders, I make less than $9 an hour on average, before taxes. I am expected to skip bathroom breaks if we are busy. I go hungry all day if I have several busy tables to work. I am expected to work until 1:30am and then come in again at 10:30am to open the restaurant. I have worked 12-hour double shifts without a chance to even sit down. I am expected to portray a canned personality that has been found to be least offensive to the greatest amount of people. And I am expected to do all of this, every day, and receive change, or even nothing, in return. After all that, I can be fired for “embarrassing” someone, who directly insults his or her server on religious grounds. In this economy, $3.50 an hour doesn’t cut it. I can’t pay half my bills. Like many, I would love to see a reasonable, non-tip-dependent wage system for service workers like they have in other countries. But the system being flawed is not an excuse for not paying for services rendered. I need tips to pay my bills. All waiters do. We spend an hour or more of our time befriending you, making you laugh, getting to know you, and making your dining experience the best it can be. We work hard. We care. We deserve to be paid for that. I am trying to stand up for all of us who work for just a few dollars an hour at places like Applebee’s. Whether a chain steakhouse or a black-tie establishment, tipping is not optional. It is how we get paid. I posted a picture to make people laugh, but now I want to make a serious point: Things like this happen to servers all the time. People seem to think that the easiest way to save money on a night out is to skip the tip. I can’t understand why I was fired over this. I was well liked and respected at Applebee’s. My sales were high, my managers had no problems with me, and I was even hoping to move up to management soon. When I posted this, I didn’t represent Applebee’s in a bad light. In fact, I didn’t represent them at all. I did my best to protect the identity of all parties involved. I didn’t break any specific guidelines in the company handbook – I checked. But because this person got embarrassed that their selfishness was made public, Applebee’s has made it clear that they would rather lose a dedicated employee than an angry customer. That’s a policy I can’t understand. I am equally baffled about how a religious title is in any way related to paying for services at a restaurant. I can understand why someone could be upset with an automatic gratuity. However, it’s a plainly stated Applebee’s policy that a tip is added automatically for parties over eight like the one this customer was part of. I cannot control that kind of tip; it’s done by the computer that the orders are put into. I’ve been stiffed on tips before, but this is the first time I’ve seen the “Big Man” used as reasoning. Obviously the person who wrote this note wanted it seen by someone. It’s strange that now that the audience is wider than just the server, the person is ashamed. I have no agenda here. I seek no revenge against the note writer. I have no interest in exposing their identity, and, at this point, I’m not even sure I want my job back. I was just trying to make a joke, but I came home unemployed. I’ve been waiting tables to save up some money so I could finally go to college, so I could get an education that would qualify me for a job that doesn’t force me to sell my personality for pocket change. I don’t know a single person who has had or knows anyone who has had experience in a restaurant give anything less than 20% tip. Anything

benthere - After reading your post, I am left with feelings of sympathy because of your present situation. I also have great admiration at your explanations and honesty, and with your writing skills.

This may be a big blessing in disguise for you. Someone as talented as you may have been held back from achieving a better future because of working as a waitress at Applebees.

If you violated no rules or policies, then perhaps you should pursue legal channels.

At any rate, I wish you the best in your future endeavors and this event becomes a humorous memory that profits you in the long run.

File a suit against Applebees and one against the customer for being a ***. And since you no longer work there, tell everyone on FB who the *** customer is so we can all say hi to his ignorant behind.

View more comments (1)
Service
Applebees Customer Care

Advanced Reviewer

Please watch "Walmart the high cost for the low price"

This is running on Current TV regularly. It talks about the employee abuse, the low pay to foreign sweat factories and the cities that have fought and won to keep walmart out of their towns! It shows many small business going under because of the walmart takeover. There are so many people that go to walmart for everything. Wonder where your local quick shop went? It has been devoured by your local walmart. Walmart is one of the biggest monopoly's out there. or did I mean the biggest seller of monopoly? Look at how many discrimination cases they have pending. They have a giant rug they like to sweep things under! Wanna have no jobs at all except at wally world, low pay and no benefits, just keep shopping there.

If you do not like Walmart do not work or shop there. AS for the small businesses, blame YOURSELF the CUSTOMER for the small mom and pop places for going under. If YOU the CUSTOMER stop shopping at Walmart then the mom and pop places will still be in business.

Complaints like this are so freaking *** they should be pulled.

@Andrea

Lady you call yourself a Lady? really?

Obviously you do shop at Walmart or work there! I do not!

So don't talk about **** you don't know anything about. I think your dumb *** comment should be removed!

@benthere

Do you work at Walmart?

View more comments (2)

Advanced Reviewer

Alps grocery store - New employees need training,including new management. Poor Customer Service!

I wonder who is responsible for stores like Alps? I watched the Current TV special " Wall-Mart the high cost of low prices" It is a very sad documentary and I see that happening to our Alps in Pittsburg, Mo. Today the only way the small guy can stay a float is Customer service, customer service, customer service! A fair price is also needed. I have always supported independent grocers, but today I was saddened and turned off at the Alps in Pittsburg, Missouri. None of the regular employees were there. The person calling herself the manager, was very incapable of what is expected of a true manager. She was both young and inexperienced as proven by her lack of any attempt at resolving a problem and failing at the 3 most important things to retain a customer. Customer Service, Customer service, Customer service! This person even went so far as to make me feel like it was my fault they could not take care of me. I am the Customer, Right? Anyway, fighting a major conglomerate like Wall-Mart is tough enough without *** off your existing clientele.

I love Alps I Pittsburg in Mo. People are friendly always.

Advanced Reviewer

Good Ole Lucas Oil has found a new way to screw the public!

Has anyone besides me noticed that Lucas Oil is trying to take over all aspects of racing so they can stick it to the fans even more. Now they have come up with a scheme of "protect the harvest" so the poor farmers are protected, Does anyone realize that Mr. Lucas is only thinking about himself. Go to take a look at his cattle ranch in Mo. Oh, it's quite small, like maybe only a billion acres, and a few hundred thousand cattle, not to mention hi Bull Business. Ha! no pun intended but I would say what most people truly know about his businesses, is they are multi-billion dollar companies! Guess who is paying for that! You the consumer! Who has their name as sponsor on almost all facets of racing? Who charges $10.00 more per head to watch races that the local racetracks charge for the same show? But they don't have all the fancy concrete jungle,the golf carts giving you rides. His new thing protect the harvest was started,and funded by Mr. Lucas. Anyone seeing a pattern here? All the while he is telling folks it's in their best interest to follow his lead. If I had a Billion dollars I would ask you to give me more too! His fence surrounding his land cost more that most people spend on houses in California in their lifetime! Ohhhhhhhh poor mr. Farmer Lucas, I sure want to help you to protect the harvest. Oh by the way if you want to help support Protect the Harvest please send in $35.00 for a lousy *** T-Shirt. Don't worry all profits will go to helping out the poooooooor Farmers, the ones driving the new trucks, and live in the big *** houses!!!

Lucas' "Protect the Harvest" campaign actually has another plan in mind ----- they are giving millions of dollars to state political campaigns toward candidates who promise to protect GMO farmers and billion dollar factory farms that are under pressure to treat animals more humanely and to operate without polluting the waters of local communities.

In Missouri, "Protect the Harvest" donated money to a candidate who promised to amend the state’s constitution to guarantee that “the right of Missouri citizens to engage in agricultural production and ranching practices shall not be infringed.” Which means, no regulations -- including how they can use pesticides and GMO.

This is a BAD group. I'm very sad to see billionaires like Lucas Oil taking over the racing industry --- I know most racers would NOT be happy to know what the Lucas family stands for.

Advanced Reviewer
I use to like to go to Casey's cause they have great subs! But my latest experience kind made me sick! They had a new guy doing the sandwiches on Friday night. This guy was soooo friggen slow! When you have 6+ people waiting you don't have time to measure and...
Product
Caseys General Stores Sandwich

Advanced Reviewer

Lucky Discount Lumber - Lucky Dicount Lumber won't man up and admit they made a mistake.

Update by user Oct 27, 2012

Make sure if you order anything from Lucky Discount Lumber you get exactly what you ordered because apparently they make up their return policies as they go. Rip off! All companies I know of accept full returns and full refunds as long as it is accompanied with a receipt.So far this company hasn\'t!

Original review posted by user Oct 06, 2012
Bottom line I ordered a free standing build to put my boat in. They sent me a lean to instead. that's not what I ordered and I want to return it for a full refund. They won't admit to their mistake and it looks I will be filing a lawsuit to resolve it. The owner doesn't have the balls to return my calls or attempt at any type of resolution. I thought they were a stand up company. Obviously I was wrong. Once they get your money then it's all over to them. The salesman won't admit he screwed up, I guess for fear of losing his job? The paperwork trail is poor to non-existent! They do not display their warranty on any paperwork, or verbally tell you what it is. I also never signed anything, and never received a paid and final receipt.

Lucas Oil a Rippoff!

Times are tough for everyone except Lucas Oil. They have their name on everything, and guess who is footing the bill? we are. They charge more for their races than all their competition. So they can kiss my A I will not buy a single product, or support or go to any of their absurd priced races! Thanks for helping out the little guy. *** Do you people not care about anyone but yourselves? How much money does Morgan Lucas *** away each week, what about the new Ranch...House... Must be nice! We all live in shitholes Lucas!

LUCAS POWER STEERING LEAK STOP SUCKS,I HAD A SMALL LEAK AND BOUGHT THE STOP LEAK FOR 10.99 BOTTLE FOR 8OZS. I ASKED THE GUY AT THE COUNTER IF IT IS GUARANTEED HE SAID JUST BRING YOUR RECIPT BACK,AND I DID THEN HE TELLS ME I HAVE TO MAIL THE RECIPT AND BOTTLE TO LUCAS .THAT SUCKS THEY KNOW PEOPLE ARE NOT GOING TO SPEND THE TIME TO MAIL THIS *** TO THEM.I WILL NEVER BUY ANY LUCAS PRODUCTS EVER. ROYAL PURPLE FOR ME.