McAfee changed my creditcard info so they could renew without my permission

McAfee is a ripoff and their customer service sucks. I had their software for a few years and when I finally found a better program (AVG) I tried to cancel McAfee. But, unfortunately my email address had changed a few times, I couldn't remember how to get into my account, and it's not easy on their website to find contact info (a common problem with companies on the web - they bury that stuff so that folks don't call them) That's okay, I thought, I know the credit card I used is about to expire, so they won't be able to charge it and it will just go away. Hah. Cleaned out my desk one day and came across the info I needed to log into McAfee - and darned if they didn't change the credit card dates themselves to something like 10/2022 (covering themselves for many years). Then I went back and found the charge buried on my credit card (shame on me for not finding it). But the worst is that after calling customer service they refuse to remove the charge and gave me another number to call - a special customer service number where no one ever, I mean never ever after hours on hold answered the phone. It's clear that they do not intend to refund my money, even though they can see that I haven't updated my McAfee program in nearly 2 years. That's okay, I will content myself with telling the world what a ripoff this company is. Not only does their software do a lousy job while tying up most of the available resources on your computer, their company policies are suspect and the people on the phone, when you can actually reach one, are obviously trained to do anything except give you a refund. Yeah, that's good business. So McAfee, you deserve this. And I'll keep spreading the word anywhere I can.

McAfee automatically renewed our subscription in Nov, 07 without giving us the opportunity to decline. Last week the hard drive on our computer had to be replaced and the new one did not have McAfee preinstalled.

After having problems with the McAfee Security System during the previous paid year of service, we decided we weren't going to fool with it again. I contacted them yesterday and got the usual form letter reply with the additional statement that McAfee does not give refunds after more than 60 days from renewal.

And they do not pro-rate either. After reading this, I have contacted our credit card company and requested that they flag our account and not allow McAfee to ever submit any charges to our account.

ID