Forest River - Structural problems and no support
June 27, 2019 The 2017 Wildwood X-Lite is mostly functional, but I have had a few serious issues: 1. On the first day I had the unit, the door lock malfunctioned and I was locked out at around 6 pm.. I had to call a locksmith because my keys were inside the unit. The door lock became locked on its own. The next week, the dealership traded another part for the cost of the locksmith. 2. The roof seams were not adequately sealed and the dealer (Dreamchasers in Burlington, WA), apparently did not check the before I drove the unit off the lot, so some water ran into the front cargo hold. 3. The GFI plug in the bathroom shorted out and started smoking and melted, leaving it unusable. 4. The drain to the bathtub had a leak that I was unaware of for quite awhile until I decided I could smell something odd. There was mold under the bathtub so I had to pay a repair person to fix that. More about his findings below. 5. In addition, there is an opening under the bathtub that apparently goes straight to the ground. I discovered this when my channel-locks fell through to the ground. There is a cloth-like floor with *** in it to allow hoses to go to the water system, which is where the channel-locks fell through. 6. A few weeks ago, I began smelling something foul. There was a rat's nest under the tub with 5 dead baby mice. I cleaned all of that out, put a new type of flooring in, sealed the edges and am hoping this keeps rodents out. There should be a screen of some type to prevent rodents from accessing the area. The dealership tried to sell me an extended warranty and luckily I said no. I have heard horror stories about them. It turns out that was the right decision because I tried to use the original warranty 6 months after I bought the trailer, and Dreamchasers sent someone to look at these issues, but charged me $190, but did not fix anything. They told me the GFI plug, the door lock, and the seals were not covered under warranty. I had to call a repair person to fix a few of these things, and I fixed the rest. If I had known of the safety violations concerning the manufacturing plants, I would not have bought this brand. This may explain why all of us had so many problems: https://www.abc57.com/news/Forest-River-violations-top-250000-workers-blame-drug-use-and-poor-safety-practices Forest River violations top $250,000, workers blame drug use and poor safety practices By: Drew Gardner Posted: Feb 24, 2019 11:00 PM EST Maybe we should file a class-action suit.
ID
Product
2017 Forest River Wildwood X Lite Rv
Pros
  • Floor plan layout
  • Salesman was nice
  • Layout of trailer
Cons
  • Deal with the issue
  • Workmanship
  • Warranty not honored
Reason of review
Warranty issue
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution