About Face Permanent Makeup #1861119
Not honest reviews- Sherry confirms all work needed and on the conservative side. I have very impressed by her work everytime I go through. So I haven some misgivings on what more radical results these 2 women wanted. Sherry will not do work on a person if she thinks it will cause health problems, may be too painful or won't look right. She is not afraid to say no. So I don't know what these ladies' problems really are- sue happy maybe?
1 0
comment to review:

About Face Permanent Makeup Bristol PA.

About Face Permanent Makeup #1861117
I have gone to About Face several times and strongly disagree with the below negative comments. I have been delighted each time I've gone through. She is very thorough, careful, gives advice, does beautiful work, very reasonable price- and I've gotten many compliments. I find it hard to believe the below comments are honest, if they are true, why did she/they continue to go back? I have recommended About Face to everyone I know they are a small, honest, caring, top notch place to go and I'm glad I was lucky to discover them.

Sittercity #1773112
Glad you could tell!

Sittercity #1773111
Lol- yes I wish it was true. Could have used the money and would have worked hard for it.

Sittercity #1773110
Yes I received one- thankfully I didn't cash it either. Job seemed too good to be true- glad I bought it to a Navy Federal Credit Union office to check out instead of depositing it. You're very observant- the check looked very real to me!

Sittercity #1773109
Glad to hear! -your suspicions were correct.

Sittercity #1773108
I would contact your bank asap. After that your township police. The check is fraudulent, you may be charged for depositing a bad check. Don't spend the money! Also I would discuss with the bank if you should change your account #. This lady (or whoever it is) will now have your account number to use. And she knows how to do it, she's been doing this for years and getting away with it.

Sittercity #1773107
It's hard to believe this person is pulling the same stunt over and over again to numerous people and can't be stopped. She doesn't even change the wording in her letters. I reported her to the Credit Union - who's check she sent me- thankfully I didn't cash. Also reported her to the post office and to my township police. But she's still pulling the same tricks to other people for several years now. Wish we had a serious investigator to find her, stop her and charge her.
1 reply
Sittercity
Thank you for your comments. Keep in mind, Sittercity is a public site. Some scammers do find a way through registration, but we scan our site daily for this type of activity. If you see similar jobs posted by the same member or are receiving similar messages, this is because they have come back in and created a new account. Although some of them stay on the site for a very short period of time, our Trust & Safety team is eventually able to identify these accounts and remove them. We also will send a notification to you of a scammer's removal if you were communicating with them through the Sittercity's messaging system. Scammers on our site have one goal. They want to get money from you. Scammers will always ask for your address because they intend to send you a check to pay you up-front. These checks end up being fake checks and result in you losing money. They do not steal your identity; they are just trying to make money off of you. If you receive the check from a scammer, the best thing to do is to rip it up and throw it away. As long as you don't deposit the check, your bank account is perfectly fine. Moving forward, you should use Sittercity’s messaging system to communicate with parents as long as possible to reduce the risk of communicating with scammers. Only give out your personal contact information when you are ready to set up an initial interview with a parent.

Sittercity #1760523
If you do get a check- the check will be fake. Very real looking check (for me from a Naval Credit Union account) but definitely fake. She (or the group) probably will also get your checking account number that will be stamped on the returned check. So if it is deposited- besides her (or this group she's part of) getting your checking account #, your bank will charge you a fee. Bring it to the bank for verfication- and if they say it's fake bring it to the Post Office and the Police Station who will make up a report on this.
Discussion comment

Sittercity vs Care Com

Sittercity Care Com #1747993
Never called for customer service at either company.
Sittercity allows all job searches to go their site and apply for any job listed. It's then up to the Customer to chose which applicant they feel is best qualified. Care Com is good also, but requires all applicants to get (and pay for) background checks, get certain certifications (CPR) before they can apply for any job. This might be better for parents but cuts a lot of good applicants out who don't have the money, and the applicants that do apply and have completed these requirements-, should reasonable expect a higher pay salary.

Is this a scam?

Sittercity #1747228
Sounds suspicious- Sittercity has great opportunities, but some unsavory characters out there- like in everywhere. Use caution.

Sittercity #1747227
I also responded to this same woman (Tori Carson) who has been posting the same message for over 2 years. I didn't give her my banking info but did give my mailing address. After reading all these comments (thank you everyone for posting and alerting others)- if her check comes I'll bring it to the bank or post office to investigate for possible fraud instead of depositing it and buying supplies for her ill sister. Has anyone encountered any real damage (i.e. illegal banking withdrawal, identity thief) or is this woman basically just a real annoyance who gets her kicks out of actions like this?
1 reply
Thank God I follow my gut feeling to Google it. Its just too good to be true. I gave my real name and address to find out this is a scam is devastating. Lucky I didnt really give out any information.