Bayside Cooling - HVAC scam in Florida

Nothing but problems with Bayside Cooling. They called to offer a $49 air conditioning check-up. I told my wife not to do it, as I do not trust companies calling over phones to make offers like this. But she said she would watch them and make sure everything is alright. It has been hot here in Florida during the summer and see wanted to make sure the unit was in good shape. So I reluctantly said ok. 5 days later .... guess what? We have a leak in our garage coming from the ac unit. Never had a problem before and 5 days later a problem? Hmmmm. Called them, they came out today telling us "unit is clogged, it will be an $89 diagnostic charge, plus $279 to fix." Knowing this is a scam (too much of a coincidence, especially we have never had a problem with our hvac) -I called Bayside Cooling while tech (nice guy by the way) was waiting to see what to do. They might be the most nasty, impatient people ever. As an owner of my own business - those people would never be working for our company. Rude is too nice a word. Which further proves they are scam. One thing that I have learned is that when people are hiding something ... they often attack and become aggressive when confronted. Stay away from this Bayside Cooling. It is basically a telemarketing company that just calls up hvac guys looking for work and sending them out on jobs. Yes, it's great for the hvac guys to have work ... but I am thinking they are pressured to upsell and do dirty things if they want to continually get calls. Bayside Cooling is a total scam ... and I hope my wife has learned from it.

Bayside is the biggest thieves in the cooling businss.

Ripped me off over $1000. I had to have another company come in to fix their mess. Do not let them in your home.

Im sorry to hear this, I have been a customer of Bayside Cooling for several years. I only live in Florida part time and it's been convenient that they have locations in multiple States so I can have services there.

I have never had a problem, they show up on time, prices seem fair enough and the workmanship has never failed. Maybe give them another chance, one bad tech can make it look real bad.

I had a similar situation with them, they ripped off my 89 yr old parents, Stay far away from them they offer you the cheap tuneup and then come up with all kinds of charges

View more comments (2)