4wheelonline - Shipped wrong part then charged restock and call tag fee

I used their website part selection tool to find the part number for ordering. The part number the selection tool indicated was the wrong part when received. I returned wrong part for exchange for correct part. Was charged for replacement until original was returned. When issued credit for returned part they deducted 15% restocking fee and a $19 call tag fee. Called the company and they refused to credit the restocking and call tag fee. Their excuse was, the online part selection tool was a link to manufacturer supplied information and not their responsibility, and if I needed assistance ordering I should have called them. They told me I needed to call the manufacturer and try to get the money from them. I told them the information was on their website so it should be their responsibility. I also told them, because they had the selection tool, I didn't know I needed assistance ordering and ordered the part number indicated by the tool. Their final position - They shipped the part I ordered period. I am responsible for restock and call tag fee. My final position - The people at 4wheelonline.com are thieves and don't care one bit about their customers or customer service.

If you ordered online and the shipped the exact part number you ordered then how did they ship the wrong part? Was the part shipped a different part number?

@Anonymous

Their part number selection tool had the wrong part number and caused me to order the wrong part.

Yes. These people are ***. They do this as a matter of course.

View more comments (2)