MacMall unreliable: they just lie about delivery dates!

I recently tried to purchase two Macbook Airs from MacMall.com, but I ended up canceling my order because of their slowness and untrustworthiness. The 13" Core i7 had just come out and all the other companies (even Apple) admitted that stock levels were low and that waiting would be long. Everyone was honest except for MacMall. I checked with 3 different employees the date that my delivery would arrive and the exact number of units they would be getting in on that day, before I placed my order. I paid them and waited patiently. The day came and went by and no stock arrived. I was then told by a certain employee that they never actually thought that stock would arrive that day, they were just told to tell customers that it would. Does lying to customers usually work for them? Next time, same story - no stock had arrived. Finally I was phoned and told that stock had arrived and that my order was put on priority - it would be sent that same day! I ordered overnight delivery, but the next day nothing arrived. After following up, I was told that a shipment had indeed arrived but that ours was too late on the list. They were now out of stock again. This seemed strange since I was originally told my two units was number 8 and 9 on the waiting list. Did they only get 7 units? Or did they lie again? What frustrated me most was that lying seems to be the company policy: if you can't offer your customers the service they require, just make promises to keep them hanging around. In the end they asked if I would rather cancel my order. I did, after weeks of waiting and being lied to constantly. They probably still don't have stock, but they are probably still telling customers that they do. The sad part is that I had to leave for a sabbatical and really needed these little Macbooks in time. I took a gamble in trusting MacMall, and I lost.

Same issue with us. Ordered via phone to make sure saturday shipping. She tried to sell service contract 6 times! She put the wrong device on order Mac Book Air with 4gb memory. That was intentional cancelled. Ordered via the web. They said they have it in stock. They would ship on Friday. That was not the case. Friday night they said they would ship saturday. That was not the case again. Cancelled the second order.

Bunch of crock liars. They try to sell something extra if they can't sell it, they make your life miserable.

Macmall no more!

I wish I'd have done a little more research before buying from them, placed a $3,000.00 along W/over-nite shipping only to find out it's Back-Ordered!! of course they already took their money out of my account....never again

Joe Ungvarsky