Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram - Fields Chrysler Jeep and Dodge Northfield, IL: The most unprofessional dealership

Update by user Jul 30, 2011

This is the most unprofessional place I have ever dealt with in my life. This past weekend my 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee was flooded.

I called to make an appointment on Monday July 25th to repair the damage and the dealership (Fields Jeep Northfield, IL) said that they were very backed up and could not see me until Thursday July 28th. When I brought my car in at my scheduled appointment time I was told by Jamie (the service rep. who checked in my car) that my car \"might not even be looked at today\" I was confused because I had made an appointment and told her that I just wanted to get an estimate of the damage. I called to check the status of my car 4 and a half hours later and the service rep.

told me that my car was JUST starting to be looked at by the technician. I told the service rep that I needed my car and she became very agitated with me and was extremely rude and offered me no alternatives or solutions to the problem. Just a month ago, I had brought my car in for services and experienced the same type of attitude from the service staff and frankly, I am nervous and scared every time I have to talk to anyone from this dealership. The general manager Jim actually told me to take my car somewhere else...what type of place does that???

He also asked me if I \"even\" had insurance as though I didn\'t (and had less than A MONTH ago had a ton of work done at Fields Jeep and have never had a payment problem with the dealership) The General manager and the service manager Kenny were two of the most impolite and unprofessional \"managers\" ;ve ever met... Now I have wasted an entire week waiting to take my car to 1.) not even get looked at and 2.) be treated like absolute garbage...

Original review posted by user Jul 29, 2011
This past weekend my 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee was flooded. I called to make an appointment on Monday July 25th to repair the damage and the dealership (Fields Jeep Northfield, IL) said that they were very backed up and could not see me until Thursday July 28th. When I brought my car in at my scheduled appointment time I was told by Jamie (the service rep. who checked in my car) that my car "might not even be looked at today." I was confused because I had made an appointment and told her that I just wanted to get an estimate of the damage. I called to check the status of my car 4 and a half hours later and the service rep. told me that my car was JUST starting to be looked at by the technician. I told the service rep that I needed my car and she became very agitated with me and was extremely rude and offered me no alternatives or solutions to the problem. Just a month ago, I had brought my car in for services and experienced the same type of attitude from the service staff and frankly, I am nervous and scared every time I have to talk to anyone from this dealership. My mother went into the dealership to speak with the general manager about how the staff was so rude and he assured her that the problem would be taken care of and I would have the first loaner car available. At 3:00PM today the service manager called me to say that my car still needed to be looked at and he had no estimate for me. He was extremely rude and wanted nothing more than to get off of the phone with me. I called the General Manager and left a message, he called me back and was extremely impolite and told me to "just come get my car and be done with it." I am not sure what I did to be denied service, I recently spent a lot of money there and cannot understand why I was treated SO poorly.
ID