Buyers Beware of NapaStyle.com, catalog misrepresentations, very poor customer service

While Chef Michael Chiarello who owns Napastyle.com has a loyal legion of foodies, his online company is one of the poorest on the Internet. My order never shipped, customer "no" service promised a refund check (they could not reverse charges on my credit card for some reason) 2 months ago. I've nearly given up now that I've seen 28 complaints in the last 36 months against Napa Style on the Better Business Bureau site, which has given them an "F" rating. More googling finds them in re-organization (chap 11) and having a difficult time paying debt. No doubt a case of too many cooks spoiling the broth. Shame on you, Chef.

I too experienced a horrbile thing with Michael Chiarelli's Napa Style,

I ordered wine bottles for candles that cost me

$98 dollars, and they wee rough, different than given measurements and so i shipped them back, insured and didn't get a refund. I contacted them with proof of signature when the return had been rec'd---to no avail. no wonder they folded.

very poor customer service.

I agree..Napa Style is horrible.....they screwed me on Christmas with no sending the gift I ordered....they could care less and the clown running it laughs at complaints...DO NOT Order anything from this company..you will regret it!

Without a doubt the worst customer service I have ever come across on the Internet. company we ordered multiple jars of Silafunghi hot chili sauce as we have done in the past one of the jars the seal was broken and the oil was leaking down the side, this contacted customer service four times by phone and email never received a single response I am now going to purchase directly from Italy and to *** with Napa Style!

@Truth B Told

I am the direct importer and will take care of you ! We are a small family owned business Olive Oil of the World and personally know Angelo Arnoni, owner of Silafunghi. contact us at : inof@***.com or order on line : www.oliveoiloftheworld.com

My wife and I are longtime Napastyle customers. We have spent thousands of dollars in the past with them.

Now we bought a lamp claimed by them to be a Napa "exclusive". After I received it (the "Crescentino" lamp) and subsequently found the exact same lamp on the web called the "Medici Lamp", I called them to point out the 120 dollar difference in price to me (!) on the absolutely IDENTICAL lamp on Amazon ...two calls later and ensuing arguments to no avail, they would not admit to the item pictured on Amazon as well as on eBay (!) to be CLEARLY the same product but instead gave me a horrendous, arrogant abusive and antagonistic runaround and flaty refused to do the right thing, i.e. price match the supposedly "exclusive" lamp and adjust my Amex account accordingly. Instead, they keept insisting it was not the same product, which is frankly a flat out lie in face of the pictorial evidence to the contrary which I offered up to them.

Instead they just insisted for me to return the lamp for a refund.

I'm hugely dissapointed in their nasty "customer service" who's gals have attitude enough for an entire army as well as their blatant mis-representation of their product as well as their talking down to a long-time customer in the most un-reasonable fashion. I would be cusrious as to whether Michael himself is aware of what is going on inside his so called customer service dept. It's a real shame as we've been customers and received their beautiful catalogue for many years now.

Instead of being willing to acknowledge what is sunshine clear (comparing the pictures made available to them) they instead chose to treat me, their longtime customer - like dirt and came up with every excuse under the sun as to why they would not price match their "exclusive" product.

Thus, they need to be called out on it. Shame on Napastyle!!!

I ordered $600 worth of lighting. The customer service rep misrpresented the item.

When it arrived, I was dissatisfied and wanted to return the package. Napa Style is the ONLY company I have ordered from that makes the CUSTOMER PAY for shipping back returned items. They refused to provide a UPS Shipping return label. IT COST ME $40 to return the item - even tho it was the customer service rep's error in describing the item.

I will never order from this company again, and the customer service rep was one of the most arrogant I have encountered in my 20+ years of ordering from a catalog. CUSTOMER BEWARE!

View more comments (5)