Verified Reviewer

Stay aware from Thor industries brands(keystone rv's)

Thor allows their manufacturers of Keystone Rvs to place misleading/deceptive labels on their products! I have an rv that is labeled( Artic Package included), when in fact there isn't artic preparation included! Thor industries allows Keystone to sell these units knowing there wasn't any additional preparation done, with the exclusion of 3 tank heaters. That doesn't help keep the inside warm! Keystone manufacturing doesn't use actual cold/hot weather scenarios to make sure that the heating/cooling systems placed in their products are actually sufficient for the environment the owner actually encounters! Buyer beware!
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Verified Reviewer

Stay aware from Thor industries brands(keystone rv's)

Update by user Jan 18, 2020

These issues haven't been resolved as of today.

Original review posted by user Jan 18, 2020
I have a 2018 keystone Montana high Country 362RD, and Keystone is unwilling to assist a disabled veteran in resolving the heating/cooling issues I have with my rv. Keystone owner's relations (Mr Steinert) is aware that this is my residence and is on blocks for leveling, and is still requiring that this rv has to be taken to an authorized keystone service representative. I have informed Mr Steinert, there is an authorized keystone mobile technician here in the area but keystone is unwilling to pay for technician to troubleshoot my issues. Mr Steinert has closed my case because of this situation. If this is how Thor industries treats the veterans who served proudly, then they don't our patronage or the money we can spend there!
ID
Cons
  • Poor qc and customer service
  • Company response to problems
  • Quality control
Reason of review
Bad quality
Preferred solution
Keystone add 3rd air conditioner, and a 2nd heating source for rear den.

Avoid keystone rv's

Purchased 2018 Keystone Montana high Country 362RD in July 2018, for the additional living space (rear den)and the Artic package inclusion for colder weather use. This rv has 5 slides and is 41ft long, which has a tremendous amount of space to heat/cool. Keystone decided to only use one heating source an Atwood furnace which was installed it in the front of the rv. The rear den has a twenty degree colder temperature due to that fact furnace is insufficient by itself to heat this entire rv. I have to keep rear den door closed to be able to keep livingroom warm! I cannot use my rear den as intended. Keystone only installed two air conditioners on this rv, one in front bedroom and the other in rear den, again this isn't sufficient enough to keep livingroom cool, with both air conditioners running I cannot get temperature during days in summer below 85 degrees.

HARDY , As usual , You have your head up your *** !!!! Don't " summarize" ANYTHING until you KNOW WHAT you are talking about !!

AND YOU DON'T !!!! You probably work for Keystone and are trying to make them look good. What is your answer for the 1000 other people on this one website that got SCREWED by this company??? Then go look around , go to Yelp and others and see 1000's more people they have screwed.

OK you want the TRUTH!! I Bought a 2014 Sprinter as a leftover demo in january of 2015. I was told I was the first REGISTERED owner, NOT !! OK that part is on the dealer Lazydays.

before I took delivery I noticed some "puffy" areas on the back wall, they said that was the way this model was made, with a "free hanging" rear wall. At the time keystone was advertising "all metal framing" NO WOOD !! I called Keystone customer service to ask if the 2014 unit that I was considering was the same. I was told without a doubt there is "NO WOOD" inside the walls.

1st LIE !! I brought the camper back to Lazydays about 10 months later, we were going on an 8 month trip through the west and I wanted to upgrade with the 2nd AC and a few other things. I asked again about the puffy areas, the Keystone rep. just happened to be there and he looked at it and AGAIN said that it looked normal to him 2nd LIE !!!

As we made our way west I noticed that this condition look like it was getting worse, we happened to be driving by a Keystone plant in Pendelton Oregon, I stopped and asked THEM to look at it, AGAIN I was told about the floating rear wall and that all was ok with my unit. 3rd LIE !! After returning home to Florida, we took the winter off from RVing . The following spring we were on the road again, going up through New England and then over to Michigan where my step-son lives.

On the way home to Florida we passed close to Elkhart In. By now the puffyness is almost the whole back wall . We stopped in to have them look at it, I took the tour ( Stupid me I was actually thinking about buying the next Keystone it would have been my 6th) They looked at my rig and AGAIN I was told that the appearance was normal. 4th LIE !!!

After we got home I was taking a walk around the RV and noticed the right corner of the rear wall was almost resting on the bumper, it had fallen about an inch and a half. upon looking further I found that when the rubber roof fabric was installed at the factory, they did not quite get it to the corner, leaving an area about the size of a quarter where the wood roof exposed. They covered this with a piece of angle trim and a dab of caulk, but not enough to keep water from getting between the fabric and the wood roof and then down into the inside of the rear wall. OK READY FOR IT !!

The PUNCH LINE !! The puffyness I was seeing WAS NOT caused by the floating rear wall, YES the only thing holding the quarter inch thick rear wall panel is the window and the angle trim that frames the whole wall. The puffyness WAS NOT normal, but a result of water getting inside the rear wall, the rear panel gets wet and having no place to go, swells outward !! At this point I took it to a local service shop who looked at it and said it was an obvious factory defect.

I sent Keystone the pics showing beyond a doubt it was a factory defect. I called Keystone they said get it to a Keystone dealer but I was past my warranty period and I should contact my insurance. The Keystone dealer I took it to said it was a factory defect without a doubt. My insurance adjuster said that my policy covers accidents and acts of god, that this was a factory defect and not covered .

At this point I am so aggravated I just want it fixed. I called Keystone and asked them to fix it, I would pay them, I could stay at my step-sons house and they could have it for as long as they like. They said NO. The local dealer that gave me the quote of $17000 was charging me $4000 just for freight of the new wall.

I got it home, and with the help of an ex Keystone employee , we took it apart and found all the wood framing was rotten. REMEMBER I was PROMISED there WAS NO WOOD in this wall !! Watch my YouTube video #1nn9PUrWEMk to see what a mess this really was. We got it back together as best we could and went on our summer trip up through New England and on to Michigan.

While in Michigan we went to an RV show put on by General RV. I told them about my troubles and told them NOT to show me anything by Keystone !! Then I asked them to look at my unit to see what it was worth in a trade. Well we knew we would take a big hit for the wall but the service manager at General proceeded to show us that the wall was just the beginning of our problems.

The water had migrated from the back wall into the floor that was in the process of rotting out and also into the slide floor. They said they needed some winter projects and would replace part of the floor , the rear wall, the slide floor for $17000. They also said they would give us bluebook value of $25k minus the repair costs towards a new one. I took it around and every dealer offered me bluebook, but, off off list price.

We picked out a 34 ' Crusader that had a list of $69k it was a 2019 so General had it GREATLY reduced to $36k and they did the trade off of that price. I talked them into another $3k and a few extras and we did the deal. GOOD BYE KEYSTONE and GOOD RIDDANCE !! NEVER OWN A KEYSTONE AGAIN !!!

SO HARDY !! You wanted it there it is THE TRUTH !!

You would not know it if it bit you on the *** !! And I will continue to post here and as many places as I can find to tell the world DON'T BUY KEYSTONE or ANYTHING built by Thor Industries for the rest of my life !!!

@thinwater

Whoa, whoa, whoa my friend! That hit a soft spot with ya, huh?!

I really am not concerned about the money you've thrown around at RV's. I just find your obsessiveness a little disturbing when you are no longer tied to a company? You can call it what it is, and try and "ruin" a company, that's up to you. As you have said prior, it's a free country.

So I will continue to comment on your posts if I want to as well! Just to ease your mind, I don't work for the company, or any company for that matter, lol.

I actually live on the west coast doing that whole entrepreneurship thing, pretty suh-weeeeet!! It's the life Man!!

Very poor quality control as the cougar I purchased was 2 years old with a bad roof when I got into it it was caused by shoddy workmanship and lack of quality control

@Anonymous

@anonymous #1806181- Keystone RV recently reviewed your post. In an attempt to review all details, please contact our Owner Relations Department direct, with the last 8 digits of your VIN at 1-866-425-4369 Monday-Thursday 8:00 am-5:00 pm & Friday 8:00 am-4:00 pm EST.

You may also verify the last 8 digits of your VIN on here, and we can look up your information and contact you directly if your contact information is current on file. Thank you!

@ Jeanmarie- Keystone RV recently reviewed your post. In an attempt to review all details, please contact our Owner Relations Department direct, with the last 8 digits of your VIN, at 1-866-425-4369 Monday-Thursday 8:00 am-5:00 pm & Friday 8:00 am-4:00 pm EST.

If you would prefer, you can verify the last 8 digits of your VIN on here, and we can look up your information and contact you directly if your contact information is current on the file. Thank you!

That IS what you get with Keystone PI$$ poor design, TERRIBLE QUALITY !!! NO CUSTOMER SERVICE !!

NO WARRANTY !!

AND THEY DO NOT !! for any reason stand behind the JUNK product they make !!

@thinwater

Ohhhhhh Thinwater!! You are STILL GOING Buddy?

I have to say, you are entertaining Man!! You are on here saying "poor me" blah, blah, but for real, tell YOUR WHOLE STORY! Based on your gazillion comments, I will summarize so it's clear for all: You don't own a Keystone anymore, when you did you were like what, the 4th owner? You even said this was all warranty, yadda yadda, but why would you have offered to pay for your repairs to be made when you went and talked to Keystone at the factory?

Whenever someone buys used, it's common sense that you are buying "as is" right? Yet you continue to harass, and bash a company over your incompetence? GET OVVVVEEER IT! My advice to any other person with an actual concern with your unit is to pick up the phone and call the company and let them help you.

Don't be like Thinwater!

Lol...If anyone doesn't believe me, read his reviews, and form your own opinion. I just don't feel it's fair you are shoving your experience out there without stating the real facts and not disclosing that YOU DON'T EVEN OWN A KEYSTONE, to people who have brand new units, are needing help, and having to read your responses on top of it, haha!

View more comments (6)
Elkhart, Indiana
Pros
  • Residential refrigerator and spacious living area
Cons
  • No quality checks during assembly of this rv
  • Would never purchase a trailer manufacture by keystone rv
  • Insufficient heating and cooling systems
Reason of review
Bad quality
Preferred solution
Keystone add 3rd air conditioner, and a 2nd heating source for rear den.

Verified Reviewer

Do not buy keystone rv's

Purchased 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 362RD, July 2018, for the additional living space (rear den) and half bath. I cannot use the rear den because of the insufficient heat source provided. This rv has 5 slides and is 41ft long, keystone places the furnace In the front of this rv and expects it to heat all 41ft by itself. The rear den is like a refrigerator in cold weather as there is a 20 degree cooler variation. Keystone also has put only 2 air conditioners on this rv, 1 in the front bedroom and 1 in rear den, again insufficient for this rv as this livingroom is like a sauna in the summer, too much space for 2 ac's to cool. I have contacted Keystone owner's relations by telephone and email several times, and have been told Keystone will not rectify this situation. Keystone posted they have produced their 1 millionth unit last August, yes they might have but it was all done without quality workmanship, and the thoughts of comfort for the owner's of these rv's.

We bought a 2018 ****FL and I can say this. Poor quality.

Our water heater went out 2 months in, the fake wood paper peeled in the bathroom, in winter its cold with the heat on, summer is an oven. There are many more issues with this 4 season rig, its one season at best. Its crazy to wash dishes when the heat is 100 degrees coming from the cabinet and the rig door is cooking heat. This rig is poor design and the money we spent makes me more than unhappy.

I will contact them and see what can be done.

It will take 30 to 40 K to make this rig to standards they say it is. We shall see.

View more comments (1)