Overreacted

Walmart #355673
Tasha- Actually, proper use of the word should have been underreact or using it as a noun, underreaction. However, I wasn't trying to appease some anal english major. I was trying to make a point. But while we are on the topic of english (and grammar), your spelling and grammar is horrible (see comment 10.).
1 reply
Still being topic, English should begin with a capital letter.
comment to review:

UPS Does not honor their insurance claims

UPS #355282
I have been shipping (and receiving) various items with UPS for the last 20 years or so. I have never had anything damaged during that time. I question any person who makes a claim...especially when it's insured for a high dollar amount. Most people know to have UPS pack it and use the ship promise if it is anything more than a few hundred dollars.
What planet do you in

Overreacted

Walmart #355280
Whenever anyone comes into contact with blood or bodily fluids they use universal precautions. It's called universal for a reason: the same response is used every time someone comes into contact with bodily fluids. In this case, the universal precaution is to immediately stop what you are doing and wash hands with warm. soapy water. The clerk did just that. The fact that a child is 8 years old is not relevant. Blood (at any age) contains some things that other people are either allergic to something or could affect their immune system in an adverse manner. Blood left on shoes or shoe boxes can get into another unsuspected child's eye or mouth and could lead to serious illness or death. The title of this thread should be, "Parent...UNDER-REACTED."

Emirates Hostile Consumer Policies

Emirates Airlines #351917
You are putting the cart before the horse. If they haven't resolved this yet and are looking into the matter you threatening legal action is a bit premature.
comment to review:

Nightmare of Nightmares - Chase Bank Blocking Use of Funds!

Chase Bank #351902
If you went overseas with only one debit card and no other means to access cash then you probably shouldn't be traveling internationally.

Emirates Airlines - Crew Member's Bad attitude & discrimination

Emirates Airlines #351899
So you didn't like the service and due to whatever circumstances that happened you didn't get a meal that you requested online? This is discrimination how? As a frequent flyer, I get annoyed by how many passengers like to portray themselves as "victims" when things don't always go as planned. Guess what? Most things in life don't go as planned. Get over it. If indeed you MUST have vegetarian then stop relying on someone else to provide that for you. Bring whatever food you want to eat on board. Still not satisfied? Then take another airline or buy a first/business class ticket where you can have people paying more attention to your special needs. By the way, I recently flew AMS-DTW and during meal service I asked for the vegeterian option (even though I rarely eat it) and I heard so many people many rows behind whine because they ran out of vegeterian.

IHOP hires sex offenders

IHOP #351895
While I am no fan of ex-cons and sex offenders, just where do you expect these people to try and fit back into society? IHOP, like many other restaurants, hires low-skill or no-skill employees for most of the work. Ex-cons are part of that labor pool. And once they have done time for their crime they are citizens like the rest of us and have to work some where.
3 0
comment to review:

Credit card limits getting cut too much

Bank Of America #351306
All banks are doing this now in this pretend effort of Big Bank that's going on right now to show Big Brother that they have changed now and can be trusted. HSBC did the same to me despite the fact that I rarely carried a balance and paid it off in full most of the time.
comment to review:

Why do you even have a store Best Buy?

Best Buy #351304
Stores nowadays want everyone to buy online. There's much less overhead expenses involved. Still, if Best Buy has these little "online arrangements" that require you to wait, pay $20, have someone else order it for you, etc...then they need to make it much clearer when you order anything. What you went through is really uncalled for. Thanks for sharing. Looks like Amazon just got more business!!

Wouldn't Cash My Paycheck

Walmart #351289
Also, Wal-Mart is not a "local business."
2 0

Cashier Cringed at Me

Walmart #351288
Who fills up reusable plastic bags with new groceries and expects a cashier to remove them and then place them back in the way you want? Don't they have shopping carts where you live? I would have made you get a shopping cart and place your groceries in there and then bag your own groceries youself with your nasty reuasble bags. Is life that difficult?

No Help at all

Orchard Credit Card #351286
Orchard is a bank that deals almost exclusively with people who are trying to rebuild or start a credit history. In order to issue people a card they are assuming a risk given that most of the people are credit risks and may or may not pay the debt. The only way they can avoid people applying and then defaulting on credit is to issue secured cards or issue low limits on unsecured cards. Once you have a secured credit card you most likely will not see an increase in the credit limit amount unless you increase your secured amount that you currently have with Orchard. This is their business model. They have secured money with you and are guaranteed not to lose out on a default and they make money off of higher interest rates and usually annual fees. If your credit has improved since 2007, you may apply with another institution for an unsecured credit card...but you may have to pay a higher interest rate until you have a few more years of well established history.

No adjustment for handicap

Expedia #349013
"I booked a nonrefundable hotel accommodation on Expedia"---there's your answer. Whether it's air or hotels always book directly with them on their home web page. The few dollars people think they save by booking with a "middle man" (such as Expedia) is not worth it when problems arise.

WARNING - DONT FLY SPIRT AIRLINES

Spirit Airlines #349011
If you have over 1 million in air miles than you are a seasoned frequent flyer. Most frequent flyers know which airlines to avoid. Spirit is one of them. I have never flown them and never will.
comment to review:

Call property owner before attaching dish!!!!!

Dish Network #349009
Anon is correct. Your lease is with the tenants not Dish Network. Bill your tenants for the damage.

TruGreen

TruGreen #349008
Thank you for sharing. I ordered the same full service as you did this year. I may or may not order from them next year (although they did an amazing job with my lawn). Looks like I may have to contact them and let them know what I decide to do because it is an expensive service. And "service for life" is rather lame of them. I don't recall signing anything that stated that I had a lifetime contract with them.

Delta ... Worst Planes I have ever been on

Delta Airlines #349000
Next time you book a flight with Delta check their home web page. It has specific information about flights such as type of aircraft, seat configuration, entertainment, wi-fi, food/snacks, etc... If you are looking for a flight that has onboard T.V. for example, then you can find it there and not have any surprises the day of your flight.
comment to review:

Damaged luggage..Will Delta reply to complaint?? Probably not...

Delta Airlines #348999
Altanta is a major Delta hub and is the busiest airport in the U.S. Given the high volume of traffic that goes through ATL then it would stand to reason that there would be an increase in baggage complaints.
There is always someone (and I do mean always!) from Delta (usually in baggage claim) that can take information from you or help you with a baggage complaint. My experience with Delta and ATL has actually been excellent.
comment to review:

Damaged luggage..Will Delta reply to complaint?? Probably not...

Delta Airlines #348499
Hopefully you filed a claim prior to leaving the airport. If you did not, you may have a more difficult time.

Walmart Workers on Break When Store is Busy

Walmart #347981
An RN...really? I doubt it. Every nurse I know is kind, considerate and compassionate. You have none of those traits. And I always love hearing from people making 90K and yet are shopping in a Wal-Mart!!!!
comment to review:

Debt collector called and gave personal information to a stranger about my account.

Ford Credit #347463
Loyal customers? You mean the people that pay their bills on time? You're complaining because people that you owe money to are trying to collect a debt? The nerve of some companies trying to get paid!!
comment to review:

Walmart door man bad behaviour

Walmart #346747
Public property? Wal-Mart owns not only the store but the parking lot as well. That is called private property. Your problems are much greater than a grumpy old man yelling at unsupervised bratty kids. You need to go back to school and stop looking for trouble.

Wouldn't Price Match

Walmart #346740
99% of your order are price matches??? I bet the cashiers are real thrilled to see you at check out. If you have been doing this for years then you know the policies all too well regarding price matches. Once you realize how much money you save at Wal-Mart, you will be shopping back there by the end of the week.
comment to review:

I got "punked" by my local McDonalds!

McDonalds #345952
iminafog- Did you complain to the store manager? I realize that the original complaint is a few years old but whenever I am "punked," I write to the manager or corporate office. I almost always get free food as compensation. I never let a company get away with what you had to endure...kids or not...fast food or not.

Wouldn't Cash My Paycheck

Walmart #345950
Most people who can't cash a check at a bank (or get direct deposit) are folks that have bounced several checks or owe a bank money and can't open a checking account because of that. There aren't many options for the writer and they are often gouged in fees for cashing a check. That said, there isn't much sympathy for people who don't follow the rules in life and then complain when things don't go they way they plan. Wal-Mart won't cash your check? Take it down the road to the Fiesta Casino (or any other casino) . They will be happy to cash it for you...for a fee.
1 2
1 reply
Most casinos will not cash a payroll check due to the responsible gaming campaign. Fyi for those know it alls.
comment to review:

WALMART!! NO bottled water on their shelves !!!

Walmart #345940
Your complaining about bottled water?? Really?? I won't even get into the fact that anyone who pays for bottled water on a regular basis is a fool with their money. Water is one of few things in life that is still free for those who choose. In any event, ANORHI has the best idea--ask!

Dish Network #345557
I guess you can go to small claims court. I would hold on to all documentation (especially if there is a police report) and e-mails for your case. My bet is that once they start getting bad publicity over this (especially if you can get a news piece done on it) they may quietly take care of you.

Dish Network #345165
I would strongly recommend that prior to you accepting any offer from them to repair your roof, you consult an attorney. Do not "sign away" your rights once you agree to any terms. If you do and have problems later, they can invoke the "hold harmless" clause and not pay anything else should future problems arise. You have a legitimate claim and they know it (which explains why they are ignoring you...they are trying to limit their liability). Stay calm. Stay focused. And then take them to court. Don't let the fact that they are a large corporation. My guess is that once you file they will stall up until the court date then settle. It is very expensive for them to defend these type of cases. I would also add that you should think about talking with your local authorities to see if they can have these folks cited for trespass or other criminal activity.

Dish Network #345100
OMG! What a nightmare. Did they just get the address wrong? Where did the wiring and cable connections lead to?

Travelocity sucks!!

Travelocity #345097
The reason why you are on hold is because they have to call the airline directly to make any changes. Why people still purchase through a middle man is beyond me. Use travelocity or expedia for pricing info and then book directly with the airlines.

Walmart Hires Terrible Employees

Walmart #343657
Easy solution: If you don't like the way you are being treated then stop going there.
comment to review:

Will not return my deposit

Vacation Station RV Rental #343374
File a complaint with your credit card company. They will reverse the charge while they investigate. Make sure you have copies of all your transactions with this company because you will need to send it to the crecit card company as evidence.
Good luck.

Worst Customer Service Ever

Dell #341792
Dell is horrible. You forgot to mention that their "support" telephone line is somewhere in India (I too was on hold for quite a while). Spelled my name five times to them and they still got it wrong. Ended up paying $175 to fix an issue one month after warranty and it took three weeks to get the computer back after I was required to ship it to Texas.

Bank Of America #340736
I contacted a good friend of mine with Texas DPS. I found out that Texas law allows the Texas Attorney General to file with the court and have a court order (signed by a judge) issued on ALL assets and ALL insurable interests of a deadbeat dad/mom (including bank accounts) when it comes to outstanding child support. The fact that you have a bank account with a private corporation does not protect you from these obligations. In fact, since Bank of America is owned by the U.S. Government you may have even less rights than you think.

Air Canada

Air Canada #340726
You get meals on flights in Canada? On a flight you didn't even pay for? And then complain? Did you ever get your Big Mac, Earthquake?

Bank Of America #340315
By the way, I wish more states would use EVERY MEANS POSSIBLE to recover debts from deadbeat dads. I am tired of paying for your children through higher taxes and welfare.

Bank Of America #340312
I guess personal responsibility doesn't apply anymore in this country. I don't make babies and then deny them basic little annoyances such as food (and then complain about it when I get the bill). The amount of this debt is so much that it is hard to believe that someone would not be notified long before this incident. If people such as yourself B-Out could keep your pants zippered for more than a few seconds or learn what birth control is, there would be less poverty and less welfare in this country.

Bank Of America #339739
Here's a novel idea...pay your child support!! And you will have no luck discharging that debt in bankruptcy courts that are making it extremely difficult to discharge legal/non-dischargeable debt (ie, child support, student loans, etc...).
When it comes to taking care of your children...I have four words....Don't mess with Texas!!
comment to review:

American Airlines crew discriminates hispanics!!!!!

American Airlines #339737
Sex status?
comment to review:

Wal-mart will not except dollars in Mexico

Walmart #339614
Try getting a store in the U.S. to ACCEPT Pesos. Did it ever occur to you that there is a cost to convert currency?

Delta Airlines, poor customer service

Delta Airlines #337516
These days it is not wise to book travel with one hour or less in between flights. Too much can go wrong (Late takeoff, weather, air traffic, etc...). If the airlines feel that you will not be able to make your connecting flight (most airlines give seats away at the T-minus 20 minute mark at the gate to customers on stand by) they will just automatically book you on the next flight. (***, recently I had my seat given away 45 minutes prior!!) If the flight is full then you will be on stand by. This seems to be pretty much what happened to you. This is normal but the time considerations vary from airport to airport. I don't know how often you travel but it has been like that for quite some time now And it's not just Delta. Nearly every airline is like that. Airlines are only on the hook to get you from point A to point B once you purchase the ticket. If there are variations or delays, then you have limited options to complain...Unless you are involuntarily bumped.
comment to review:

Delta.com tricky foreign transaction policy! Be aware

Delta Airlines #337514
Jim is correct. If you travel abroad often you should know about these fees when using credit cards.

Pizza Hut Sucks

Pizza Hut #335348
Last time I checked Alison it is still a free country. You're getting all dramatic over a pizza.

UPS Does not honor Insurance Claim

UPS Store #334017
It seems to me that if UPS wants to sell insurance, it needs to make clear what the requirements are with repsect to packaging. Seems like a lame excuse to weasel out of a contract. If the packaging didn't meet their "standards" in the first place why in the *** would they sell insurance in the beginning if they knew the packaging wasn't correct. And how do they justify keeping that insurance money after the fact? Sounds like a good lawsuit here. I hope you sue.
1 1
4Justice.you're spot on.
comment to review:

Southwest forces five year old with a ticket to ride on lap!

Southwest Airlines #334014
Tell me you wrote Southwest about this incident? I would love to hear their reply!
comment to review:

Alaska airline tryed to over charge me for luggagea

Alaska Airlines #334001
You said she tried to charge you. So I am assuming that you didn't pay the fee?? Holding a grumpy agent against the airline (who violated policy by not charging you when she should have) seems a bit extreme. Next time you fly, weigh your bags at home and if you have two bags and one is over 50 lbs., take some weight out and place it in the bag that is way under 50 lbs. (I have actually seen people do this at the airport check-in line to avoid extra fees) If you fly often, I doubt that you really have many options in Fairbanks other than Alaska Airlines.

Scammed by Delta

Delta Airlines #333996
It's cheaper and far easier booking online. Hard to make booking errors doing that way. You didn't notice the error within 24 hours? That seems odd as they send e-mail confirmations right after the transaction.
comment to review:

Won't pay for a fall in store

Walmart #333995
Stop playing the role of a victim and learn from this incident. Next time slow down, watch where you are walking, and be more careful.
comment to review:

Drive thru only gave us 1/2 our order.

Burger King #333992
Driving and talking. Is that legal in VT? It sure isn't safe. Next time pay better attention.

Pizza Hut Sucks

Pizza Hut #333293
So the pizza princess couldn't figure out her phone app. and is taking it personal against Pizza Hut. Instead of using your phone app., how about using your phone to dial the number to Pizza Hut? Or are you too special to have to talk to a human being and, God forbid, interact with someone? "like, eff you?" "what the **ll"...really?...how old are you 13?