University Of Phoenix - Financial Aid Disaster

If you are smart, you will not attend this "university". I have been to a university before, online and on campus, and my experience with financial aid has never been this horrific. 1st of all, lets speak on the cost difference, OUCH! It's bad enough that the school is mega pricey, but your 1st 3 classes are irrelevant, yet costly. If you feel it's necessary to educate me about how to be an online student, do it for free! 2nd, the financial aid office is full of *** that are given a list of things to say when asked specific questions. No details or anything remotely close to actual help. I started school in March. Here it is almost June and my pell grant JUST posted to my account a MONTH after my loans posted. Now they're saying I must wait an additional 2 weeks for them to release the excess funds THEN another 3 to 5 days for it to be released to my checking account. I am not understanding why their process is so much more difficult than everyone elses. This will be my 1st and last year in this school. It is way too expensive for them to move this slow. I do not appreciate the lack of urgency & I cannot wait to transfer!!!!!
ID
Pros
  • Fact that i can transfer in january
Cons
  • Price
  • Being lied to
  • Lack of urgency
Reason of review