Fitness 19 - Fraudulent accounting

Had membership for 5 1/2 years but since not able to go consistently and since other gym opened closeby, I decided to cancel membership. So it happens that the card from which membership payments were drawn was inactivated due to some fraudulent transactions I reported to my bank. I paid the overdue payment over the phone and asked my membership be cancelled. Was told it had to be cancelled in person.....@#$%&? In this day and age one has to go IN PERSON to a gym to cancel membership??? Went in person on 6/6/2018 and paid $32.49 balance and closed membership. Done deal righ t? Oh no, got a collection letter today stating that as of 6/15/2018 I owe Fitness 19 $78.62????? Called and spoke to Anthony who claimed to be a manager who stated that the transaction they ran on 6/15/2018 was declined by my bank and I owe balance which includes membership fee and ISF penalties.....@#$%&??? Of course it declined you idiots!!! I closed the account on 6/6/2018!!!!! He stated he'll have to talk to his superior "to see what they can do for me" ....!!!!! What!!??? No, Fitness 19 needs to correct their fraudulent accounting!!

Hey if you still have problems with them . file a complaint to the Texas attorney general .

I wish I would have read reviews about this franchise before signing up . It seems multiple people around the nation are having this type of issue . I myself feel like I will have that problem because I have already experienced shady tactics with them .

The more people report them to a legal representative the better chances they get looked into .Here’s the link in case . https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/cpd/file-a-consumer-complaint

@Ryep84