Verified Reviewer

BuyBackTronics - Stay Away!

I sent them an iPhone 7 Plus they had agreed to purchase. They informed me a few days later (even sent pics) that they had received a single spring/coilover -- I don't know what that is. After reviewing BBB Consumers reviews I found that this was a recurring theme at this business. My question back to them was: why would people agree to send you their device knowing that the device has to be inspected before payment is made and then switch things? It makes no sense. And for it to happen to ease many people After my experience I suggest NOT using this company to sell your used devices to even if they offer a little more money.
ID
Service
Buybacktronics Apple Cell Phone Trade-In
Cons
  • Claiming incorrect devices sent to them
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Verified Reviewer

Carhistory Us Org - Switched order price

The site says $1.00 for the complete report. I went to my bank immediately after charging the $1.00 and it had been changed to $18.95. I contacted the "manager" and explained that I was reporting their company to my bank and the BBB. He immediately said he refunded my money, closed my account and said that there was a box to check for $18.95 subscription and maybe it had somehow gotten checked in error. Sure it did. But I wasn't the one checking the box. I cancelled that card so there can't be any more charges by them to my account "by accident".

Hello, We apologize for your experience using our website and products. I would like to be sure you have received a refund for your purchases.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any issues.

You can use our live chat feature on our website, call our toll free phone number, or you can email me directly at manager@carhistory.us.org We will happily refund our customers for any charges incurred if they are not happy with their reports. Best Regards, Karmen J.

@KarmenJones

Hey, why don't you guys just update your site's security? if this is happening to so many customers, then it is clear that someone is intercepting the information, or using a copy of the site. I think you need to figure out what's going on and fix it.

View more comments (1)
ID
Service
Carhistory Us Org Vehicle History Report
Cons
  • Change of price
Reason of review
Pricing issue
Loss
Preferred solution
Company says they have cancelled the payment...we'll see if that happens.