Thor Industries - Lemon

Update by user May 13, 2019

I received a call from Thor’s customer relations and they also seemed a bit upset about Camping Worlds handling of the motorhome. They contacted Poulsbo Rv and they are now working on the motorhome.

Poulsbo RV stated that they have done numerous “rescues” from clients of Camping Worlds service. we will see if this corrects the problems

Original review posted by user Apr 13, 2019
I bought a new 2018 Thor Hurricane 34P from Idaho Falls Camping World. When I flew there from Seattle to purchase it I ha a Dish Satellite in stalled and I was given a tour of the motor home. There were some stress cracks on the rear cap that I was told would be fixed by the Fife Camping World and it would only take a couple of weeks. We went in to se the bed that drops down over the driver and it had a few problems. It was taken back to Service and when it was brought back out they said it only needed some adjustment. I finished the paperwork and off I went. On the freeway back to the Seattle area I hit a bump and the bed dropped almost 10 inches above my head. I tried fro approximately 1/2 to work the bed back up so I could put in the safety pins that the service guys had left out. I got home and tried setting up the Satellite system that I had bought and continually got errors. I called the nearest Camping World in Fife to get the back cap fixed before the trip had planned and was told that they do not do Warranty work and I would have to go a 200 round trip to Burlington Camping World that will do warranty work. 1/26/2019 I took it up there and the Service person marked the drawers that kept opening while driving, marked the entry door that I had to use my knee to open, and marked the bed that had dropped and marked the back cap that had the stress marks. He also marked the dome lights up front the only came on when you hit a bump. 4/12/2019 I finally get to pick up my new motorhome. They bring it around front, I jump in and drive off. The radio is not working. I called and my house batteries had died while the motorhome sat waiting for the back cap. The batteries had to be jumped and by golly I now have radio but The bed doesn't work, (by the way they said the railings were coming off the walls so what did the Idaho service guys do?) The slides don't go out???????, The front dome lights that were replaced wouldn't come on. Oh yes they did when I hit another bump but then went out again. Satellite still not working. I called Dish and he said it sounded as if it wasn't hooked up right. Now its time to look at the Lemon law so I need to get an attorney on Monday because another trip that I prepaid for is going down the toilet and I don't hear Thor (who I sent a review to) or Camping World coming up with any solutions that will not cost me more time off and loss of revenue. I now have another trip I had planned thinking that I would ge a fixed moto

Was considering a Thor from Camping World but now may need to re-think that investment and go with different brand.

Post your story on YELP-Thor Motor Coach- Elkhart IN and write an email to 60m@***.com, there is also a Facebook group Thor Issues and complaints. At some point national media will do a story.

So glad that bed didn’t fall down and cause harm to you and other drivers. Hopefully it won’t be the story that finally gets regulations on MH enforced!

View more comments (1)