Northland Appliances - Northland Refrigerators - warning- do not buy

I purchased Northland's top of the line refrigerator almost 18 months ago and it has been the worst consumer experience of my 55 years. From design to post purchase customer service, this company has shown that once they have your money, your done. I have invested an additional $1,500 in service since purchase just to keep the *** thing running. And run it does...it is the loudest refrigerator by far. One of the doors has never closed right...not exactly the best thing for a refrigerator. When this was brought to the approved installers attention at installation, he said he would come back to fix it, but never did. When we called two weeks later, the installer denied there was any problem, denied what both my wife and I heard, and REFUSED to come back. We contacted the company..no help at all. Six months later, after filing arbitration, we finally won and a new door was ordered to be sent to us. When we received the door (again 4 months later after award) the company REFUSED to install it. They stated the award only required a new door be sent to us, not installed. I still have the new door in my storage and my $10,000 refrigerator door still doesn't close right. And this is just the beginning......18 months and two compressors later that also were denied to be covered.............. DO NOT BUY FROM NORTHLAND....I am not hard to please and have never had a consumer problem like this in all my years.

Do not buy this brand. I am in Louisiana where no one to fix my refrigerator.

No service company will service this brand. It has been broke for last 5 months.

I thought this would be my last ever fridge purchase. We built in '02 and I was looking forward to the huge fridge and small freezer.....

The ice maker never worked....it was replace with another just like it that never worked....so I decided to just buy ice.

There were no bells and whistles, just a clean cold box that held the world.....tho the door hinges did finally give out and the metal hinges were replaced 7 months ago with plastic....that have now given out. The fan had to be replaced.....and now the coolant is drained, but you can't just put coolant in, you have to buy the whole system at a tune of a little less than 3 thousand.

Wish we had never seen this company. Service is not consumer friendly.

Product is not reliable.

And yes, mine is LOUD. The repairman told me 7 months ago they must have sent me a used unit, as the welding bonds were not factory done.

Thank you for this review. I will go with a True.

I spent 10g's as well on the 48" glass door model. the freezer has never worked right and there is no service here b/c I purchased on homeclick.com and the local dealer (Gulfport, MS)refuses to provide service....thanks northland for selling me a 10k pile of stainless *** that I can't get serviced. as soon as I get over *** away the 10k i'm going to buy a subzero.

View more comments (3)