Corys Foundation Inc - No integrity with this foundation and there is a conflict of interest

I just wanted it to be known that the foundation does not operate under integrity. The President Mechelle Crawford is not running the foundation, a board member Tory Crawford is making the decisions for the foundation because he funds the foundation through his company Crawford transportation, there is rarely a vote between the board members,this is a conflict of interest. I resigned as the executive director because of delay in paying me every payday, and I did not receive my last pay from them, because he took the fee for the mascot we use to visit the schools he claims out of my pay. Tory, not the president or the board members did not want to sent the mascot to the school as we had promised to keep from paying any money. I told him because we had told them (the teacher/school)we would have the mascot visit the school after they attended the musical we needed to stand by our word. He wanted me to lie to the teacher and inform her the mascot would not be coming to the school as promised because they missed the deadline to turn the money in. I said if it needed to be deducted from my pay, I think we should send the mascot because since I communicated with the teacher and the schools, my integrity was on the line. Sending the mascot was not based on how many students attended the musical performance. Although they missed the deadline, every school missed the deadline because of the snow days, and we did not deny another school so I felt we should do as we had promised. Well he did not pay the mascot but said he would not pay me because he paid the mascot.....he did not pay the mascot, and this is his foundation, so his character was on the line. This is not the first incident concerning the integrity or brand of the foundation. The decisions are made by him and not the president of the foundation, this is a conflict of interest, but because he funds the money, he makes the decisions. It should be a vote between the board members but very rarely is. I worked more hours than what was required and I did not put all the hours on my time sheet, he would call to have me work on something after I signed out, but I did not put those so to take the fee out of my pay that he did not pay anyway was the last straw working with that foundation.
ID
#492009 Review #492009 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Atlanta, Georgia

LGrand Couturier - For those who would like to take action against this Company.

Action should be taken against these thieves who prey on others for dreams of being a model, only to take advantage of young women. I had met with Harold and Chris, and everything sound great, although I had an alarm go off, seeing the cluttered office. I ignored some things I had notice, even when I received the call to come back the next day, but I remembered Tyra Banks mentioned that if the company is asking you for money upfront, then it's a scam, so remembering that and what I had seen, I did not show up for the so-called photo shoot. Please contact the Georgia's Governor's Office of Consumer Affairs: 2 Martin Luther King Jr. Dr. Suite 356, Atlanta, Ga 30334. 404-656-****. consumer.ga.gov. Report Fraud by deception. I hope will those help those who were tricked out of their money.

I'm so glad you all expose this.. i almost got got.

Harold and Chris tried to sell me the dream and i almost went for it. til i said let me look up the company. I was glad i did its a shame for people to be so low, playing on someones dream like this.

Lucky for me i have modeled before and new something was not right. This site confirmed this for me.

aww thomas hush you just brought this fake company and now you mad because yall have been found out. you fake fat man. lol lol stop scaming scam scam run ladies run.

Im sorry that they may not had what it took to become a model and want to bad moth chris and harold just cuz they were not picked to be a model so if u don't have what it takes or even a head shot or a port don't complain about try bringing a resume next time at leat

View more comments (2)