Genie - Had to replace Bad Circuit Board 3 times within 9 years

We built our house 9 years ago, had a Genie 2022 garage door opener installed. Within the 1st year the circuit board failed, that one was replaced with no hassle through my sub contractor. Then in early 2015 the circuit board failed again. I called customer service and explained that this was the 2nd one that has failed. They wanted to make sure it was the circuit board. So we went through the whole check list as I was on the phone with the rep. Was told it was the circuit board. I then ask the price, when I was told what it would cost I said I thought they should at least give it to me for half. Well they said they couldn't. I wasn't to pleased, but I needed an opener. I did go an purchase another Genie, just to save time on the installation. Well now it's March 2019 and another circuit board has failed. Called the customer service to see if they would do anything. I asked again about covering at least half the cost of the opener, but was told parts are only covered for 1 year. I told them that I was through with the Genie opener and would be making sure to let everyone know how bad their openers are. All I was told how sorry they were. SO I WANT TO LET EVERYONE KNOW TO STAY AWAY FROM BUYING A GENIE GARAGE DOOR OPENER...I AM TOTALLY DISGUSTED WITH THEM.
ID
Smith, Ohio
Reason of review
Bad quality
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution