Coastal Place Apartments - Land lord not providing livable environment
Landlord not providing inhabitable living conditions and refusing to do maintenance on HVAC system. I have been living and paying rent on time since 2005 in Savannah Georgia. Apartment name is Coastal Place Apartments. Jon Safford properties requested that I leave. I reported the incident in September to Maintenance man then made contact with office in November 2018. Landlord verbally and by letter requested that I leave if I’m not satisfied with their service. I'm having throat problems since September (reported to Dr 9/10/2018 for sore throat) and I don’t know the real issue but sometimes have throat issues when I'm in the apt but when I leave for a certain amount of days I feel fine. I have doctor notes showing I reported the mold in home to these specialist ENT, Allergist and Gastrologist specialist. They said I have to pay the rent for the month after I turned in my 30 day notice. Then I later thought should I even pay a full month’s rent when I know the HVAC system needed maintenance and had mold on the vents. Once again there solution is to kick me out and change the vents to plastic vents because plastic vents want sweat like metal vents so the black spots want show. So I told him doesn’t that mean the HVAC still has the mold in it. I called the city and they can’t help all they can only tell me how to clean. From what I researched there are no mold laws in Georgia.
ID