Marion General Hospital - Avoid Dr. Muni K Theertham

Complaint about Dr. Muni K Theertham On Friday, August 22, I received a call from Adrienne M Howard, Family Practice/Nurse Practitioner, whom I’d been seeing for medical issues. She is an employee of Marion General Hospital group [MGH]. She said she had just received the results of some tests she had done for me at MGH the day before and that I needed to come to her office immediately to discuss them with her. My wife, Krista, and I went to her office and met with her. Adrienne told us that she “was surprised that I could get out of bed or even put one foot in front of the other” based upon the results. She said that I needed to go to the hospital immediately to receive four units of blood and that she had already set everything up with the hospital; they had the paperwork from her and were waiting for us. She told us where to go in the hospital and to see Gene Brown, who was in charge of this area. So we went straight to MGH. Once there we discovered that he was not there and no one was aware of me or had any paperwork on me at that time. This is when the problems began. We were taken across the hall from where Gene Brown’s office area is into what appeared to be an intake area by a woman who treated us very kindly and professionally. She asked questions and filled out forms. Then we waited until Dr. Theertham arrived. He was very rude and offensive from the moment of arrival and would not listen to what I told him about why I was there and what Adrienne had learned from the tests she had me take and her concern that I had colon cancer. I told him that she had given me some samples of the drug Vimovo for my back pain. He almost yelled at me not to take them, saying that it was the NSAID drugs I was taking, like ibuprofen, which was causing my problems by creating ulcers. He also said that they would be giving me only two units of blood and not the four which Adrienne had ordered. I was about ready to walk out of the hospital then, but did not due to my concern for my health. My wife, who has a PhD and Public Administration and was a graduate level professor in this field that includes public health care and has experience serving on the county board of health for a quite large county, provided the following report of what then occurred. “I remember that, once Greg told him how much ibuprofen he was taking, the Dr. seemed to jump to the conclusion that ulcers caused by the ibuprofen were responsible for Greg’s problem. He declared that to be his diagnosis and that was when he got cavalier and dismissive about anything else we told him. Had he accessed all the tests Adrienne ran and evaluated, he could have limited his diagnosis. Adrienne’s work soundly refuted his superficial conclusion. When Dr. Theertham walked away, I concluded he was going to access Adrienne’s work, test results and notes. He had not taken the time to read them before seeing Greg. I thought he would then come back to meet with us. We discovered, much later, that he had left the hospital for the day. I couldn’t fathom how superficial, cavalier and dismissive he was! His ’examination’ can hardly be dignified with that term! The CT scan, endoscopy and colonoscopy Adrienne ordered and Greg eventually received confirmed multiple serious problems, including colon cancer, which Dr. Theertham totally missed. These tests also found absolutely no signs of any ulcers!” I was then taken to a room to receive the blood. The hospital employees who attended me there were great: Angie – SN, Abi – my RN and Jenn – top RN. In fact, all of the hospital employees I have dealt with over the past two months have been very good, polite and professional. While still receiving the blood, I asked to file a complaint and Betty Guerin – MSN, RN, house supervisor, came to see me. She was wonderful to speak with, but did not have the authority to resolve anything. She did refer me to Randy Diffenbaugh – patient representative, who was not there and would not return until Monday. I contacted him then and voiced my complaint. He seemed to be understanding on the phone and promised he would look into my complaint and discuss it with Dr. Arun Tewari – hospital program director. I did not hear back from either of them personally, just received a form letter from Randy stating: “Our goal at MGH is 100% customer satisfaction.” To my surprise I later received a bill from the hospital for $281.00 for Dr. Theertham’s bad five minutes of service to me. I then called Randy back to complain about this and requested a formal investigation. I later received a letter from Randy stating that Dr. Tewari – hospitalist program director, had conducted an investigation and met with Dr. Theertham to discuss “how his behavior was perceived by both you and your wife”. Followed by “After careful review, Dr. Tewari felt the related charges resulting from the services Dr. Theertham provided were appropriate.” We find that not only is MDH’s goal of 100% customer satisfaction an absolute farce, but that this whole issue has not been handled professionally! Randy did inform me that Dr. Theertham is part of a contracted staff, like Emergency Room staff, and that only they get to visit patients while in the hospital. Therefore, Adrienne, although being an MGH employee and my healthcare provider, was not allowed to visit me. This policy was set up for the purpose of efficiency. The contracted staff rotates and a patient would not necessarily see the same doctor during a stay in the hospital. This may be efficient for the hospital, but is not in the patient’s best interests, especially when the staff doctor does not even consult with the patient’s care provider’s records! We strongly recommend avoiding Marion General Hospital, based upon our experiences!
Marion, Indiana
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Full refund

Mid America Clinical Laboratories - After the fact additional billing, after being in full

Update by user Aug 06, 2013

This company decided to correct its over-billing, thanks to online publicity from this site and others.

Original review posted by user Jul 06, 2013
This is a complaint for after the fact additional billing, after services had been quoted in writing and paid for in full before the services were rendered, which was their requirement. We had recently moved to Marion, Indiana and had found a new specialist doctor in the area for my wife’s chronic health conditions. The new doctor required a battery of new medical tests to be preformed. Being on an extremely low fixed income and without insurance, we checked around for the best prices from medical clinics in this area. Each lab we checked with had to contact the doctor for specific information on exactly which tests she wanted, since the doctor’s paperwork for the testing was not definitively clear. The doctor’s office complained about having to work with more than one lab. I contacted Mid America Clinical Laboratories, 1001 N Western Ave, #B, Marion, IN 46952-**** Phone: (765) 662-**** and spoke with Leighanne Lenhart, Manager. Throughout all of our dealings with this company, she was very detailed and professional. Our problems are not with her, but with the company she works for. She was very careful to determine exactly which tests were required and quoted them in writing to us. When we went to her lab to have the test performed, we had to pay in full before she would take the blood samples for the tests. We did not have an issue with that. The amount paid at time of service was $628.20 total for all testing. This occurred on April 2, 2013. We were much surprised to later receive a bill in the mail from Mid America Clinical Laboratories for an additional $94.82 on invoice #853669****, giving no exclamation. Has this amount been added into the original quote and payment, it would not have been competitive with the other labs and I would not have used them! The billing statement lists an address of PO Box 78306, Hollister, MO65673-****, but has you mail payments to PO Box 643522, Pittsburgh, PA 15264-****. I then called their customer service department (phone 800-568-****) for an explanation. The company was now called Quest Diagnostics. I spoke with Judy Mendoza and her direct phone number is 484-676-****. At her request, I faxed her the written quote from Leighanne Lenhart and the paid bill from her also. Since then, I have not received any response from Judy Mendoza. She also has not accepted my follow-up calls nor responded to the messages I have left for her. Instead, Mid America Clinical Laboratories has mailed me a second bill and now a Third Notice threatening further collection efforts. This company, at the corporate level, has been unprofessional and unresponsive! In speaking with the local manager since this add-on billing occurred, she informs me that she has no input into what happens at the corporate offices. Mid America’s web site says that they have over thirty (30) offices in central Indiana. Their web site lists the following. Mid America Clinical Laboratories, For billing questions please contact us at: Phone: 1-80*-667-**** Email: billing@***.com . For all other issues, please contact us at: Address: Mid America Clinical Laboratories, 2560 N. Shadeland Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46219 Phone: 1-87*-803-**** Email: info@***.com .

ATT - Over billing

In June, 2011, when we were planning our move from Alexandria, Indiana, to Mooresville, Indiana, I contacted ATT to transfer our phone and Internet services (account # 10888****). After going through the whole process and documenting everything, we moved. Then to our dismay, ATT started charging us for breaking a contract and starting new service. After several months of trying to resolve this with ATT, I resorted to posting the problem on Internet sites for complaints. That finally got quick results. Kathy, ATT customer relations appeals and escalation team, contacted me and corrected the problem. Now, when we just moved again from Mooresville to Hartford City, Indiana, the same old problem arose. We would have once again transferred our ATT phone and Internet services when we moved to Hartford City; but we are living in housing provided by our employer, which includes ATT phone and Internet. ATT is once again charging me $150.00 for breaking a contract, although the contract from Alexandria had expired. The strange thing is that they just paid me a check for $117.97 to finally pay me up for the overcharges of last year! I have twice called Kathy, ID #VS3264 and phone # 866-627-****, on April 16 and again on April 27, leaving detailed messages each time. I have provided her the case number from last year, IN110****, to reference. I have not received any response thus far, thus I am posting the same continuing problem on this Internet compliant site. It seems that is the ONLY way to get a response from the giant, impersonal ATT corporation. If they would just treat their customers fairly and respond to them, this would not be necessary. The only response I've received is from a collection agency that ATT has turned the case over to!

The same thing happened to me on my land-phone service.

A few years back, I got billed for long-distance calls to a foreign country that I never made. I kept getting them, which made me switch to Souther Bell. They kept sending me bills which of course I did not pay and which will never be paid.

About three months ago, I got billed for a long distance call I never made here in the U.S.

Today, I got billed for long-distance calls that are distincly local calls.

In all instance, I was told these were "errors." If this happens frequently, and customers don't notice these errors, AT&T must be making big bucks from its "errors."

I had absolutely no problem with billing and service when I was with Southern Bell, but then it got snapped up by AT&T. I want to inquire from the state Public Serice Commission is these "errors" have been reported customers like me, and if so, what it can do about these unscrupulous practices.

I wish Southern Bell were still here. Now there is no competition against AT&T, and it's like a return to the old times: NO COMPETITION, BUT A MONOPOLY.

Service
Att Service Transfer

Comcast - Billing lies

Comcast complaint One consistent theme of Comcast is that no one ever does what they promise you will be done and no one ever calls back to follow up!! We decided to get Comcast service for the first time when moving from Kansas to Indiana in November, 2010. My wife has a brother who works for Comcast and our landlord also has family working for Comcast. Therefore, we began this experience with a positive outlook about the company. We ordered Comcast's Double Play – Phone and Internet service package for $39.99/month. This was ordered online on Wednesday, November 17, 2010 at 12:56 p.m. Our confirmation shows Bridgevine Order Number:ap-244761. We have a printed copy of this. Our Order Reference Number was: 42791**** and our Account Number was: 0172********. Installation was scheduled for Monday, November 22, 2010, between 1-5 p.m. Ticket Number was: CR22843****. Service was installed on time and worked fine; for exactly one week! The installation man would install only one connection for our whole home. We had a phone and two computers hooked up to it, a desktop and a laptop. On the afternoon of the next Monday, November 29, the laptop started receiving a message that Comcast was having problems connecting with it. Then began a series of trying to seek correction of this Comcast problem, beginning with online assistance and then many phone calls to their tech support. Everyone I spoke with was polite; they just were all lacking any ability to correct the problem. They would tell me they had to send it to more technical staff within Comcast and that they would then contact me. No one would allow me to actually speak with a more technical person and I was never called back by anyone! After almost two weeks of this, I thought the problem might be with my laptop, although the messages from Comcast online always said they were having problems connecting. I wiped the computer memory clean and reloaded everything back onto it. I got the same exact message from Comcast. A friend has AT&T Internet service, so I took my laptop there to see if it would work on AT&T. It worked immediately from first plugging it in! At this point, I decided to switch to AT&T. Even though the same service was more expensive with AT&T, at least it worked. I terminated Comcast service, effective Monday, December 20. Since it was still within the Comcast 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee, I was told that I would receive a full refund of the $98.29 I had already paid. This first bill that I'd paid billed me $47.20 for monthly service, instead of the $39.99 that I had ordered! When AT&T was here to hook up their service, they informed me that Comcast had cut all of the AT&T lines which had been in the house, running service to every room. Comcast uses totally different types of lines, going to a different location, and there was no legal reason for them to cut the AT&T lines. In fact, it was a criminal action! On Tuesday, December 21, at 10:35 a.m.; I spoke with Sheila at Comcast. She issued a work order, number 00234****, for Comcast to repair the cut AT&T lines; agreeing that the lines should not have been cut! She told me that a Mike 'Estes' (spelling?) at the Anderson Comcast office would be contacting me to get it fixed. His phone number was given as 765-622-****. He left one voice mail message for me and has not returned any on the messages I have left for him! She told me that I would receive the full refund check within 4 to 6 weeks. This guaranteeing of the refund to be in the mail within 4 to 6 weeks is a habit of Comcast, a delaying tactic that they used with me every month. They can issue bills promptly, but seem unable or unwilling to issue refund checks! At 3:45 p.m. that same day I returned the Comcast modem and power cord to their office at 335 E. 10th Street, Anderson, Indiana. On Wednesday, January 12, 2011, at 3:53 p.m., after receiving another bill from Comcast, I called them and spoke with Jackie, employee # 6421 in North Carolina. She told me that their records did show that I had returned the modem for which they were billing me and that I should ignore the current bill. The 'final bill' should be received by me 4-6 weeks after December 21, 2010. Then the 'refund check' should be received by me 4 weeks after that. She said they would follow up on the damage claim. No one had contacted me to repair their damage. I next received another bill from Comcast, showing current account activity through January 14, 2011, adding more money due! It was charging me $70.14 for 'unreturned equipment'!!!. On Friday, January 21, I received a COLLECTION ACTIVITY ALERT from Comcast, dated January 18, for the full amount of the bill dated January 14. After only 4 days from issuing a bill, they sent the COLLECTION ACTIVITY ALERT for the amount of $119.29! On Thursday, January 27, 2011 at 1:54 p.m. I called Comcast and ended up speaking with Dan, employee number 86907 from Fort Wayne. He was nice, polite and assured me he would take care of everything and that I'd receive the refund check in 4 weeks. However, the only thing that actually got changed was to show the return of their modem! On February 14, Comcast billed me for $49.29 (monthly service charge, including tax)! I had terminated service two months prior and they still owed me the refund of $98.29. But, instead of refunding me, they were still charging me more!!! On Wednesday February 22, at 4:18 p.m., I called Comcast again and spoke with Clint, employee # 86118 in Indianapolis, and his supervisor Stacia. They reassured me that I would actually get the refund check in 4 weeks, saying they could not expedite it despite its long delay. They also issued a new work order to repair my cut AT&T lines, # 00246****. On Saturday, February 26, I received another COLLECTION ACTIVITY ALERT for the new amount of $49.29. Now, on Tuesday, March 22, I received a COLLECTION NOTICE from a collection company trying to collect this $49.29 for Comcast! I still have not received my refund check, many months promised and far past due, while Comcast still tries to collect unjustified charges! Plus, they are ruining my good credit rating!!!! Can anyone help me with this monster?

I am experiencing something similar, how did your situation turn out?