Compaq Computer Corporation - Compaq Presario PC customer support

I am on hold with Compaq Presario customer support. It has taken 18mins to confirm my name my computer serial number etc. Now that I have answered all their questions I have been informed that I need to update my warranty for only $99 before they will answer any questions that I have. I asked to speak to the supervisor and now it is going past a 1/2 hr wait. All this for what speakers are compatible with my computer. I am asking this because I can hear sound with my earphones, but when I try to use my speakers nothing comes out. And the second question I have is when you save off the internet to the temporary file where can you find what you saved. I don't think I should have to pay $99 to find equipment that is compatible, and as for the internet saving - the rep could have said she cannot help me and I would have gone else were to ask. Instead, she has kept me on the phone asking warranty sales questions. In the beginning before being asked to hold for 18mins while she checks out my warranty status the rep should have asked what my concerns were but she did not and waisted my time. I have just been informed that I now have to wait 1 more hour to talk to a supervisor. The service must be horrible to have a supervisor tied up on line for 1 hr. Now the rep is saying that the supervisor will call back in 10mins. I said that I have waited 50min so far I will wait the 10mins longer. (What happened to the 1hr?) I ask why the wait time suddenly changed and did not get an answer.
ID