Select Home Warranty's reply to:

Select Home Warranty - I am a single legally blind senior who was scammed by SHW. They say they will provide technicians, but I have been waiting over a month now. They did say that I could get my own and then pay them.

The consumers claim determination was made in accordance to their warranty terms and conditions. They have been serviced accordingly.
ID
Loss
$193496
Preferred solution
Full refund

Verified Reviewer

I am a single, legally blind female senior who recently purchased a new home. New to the area, and not knowing any reputable plumbing, electric or HVAC companies, I purchased a home warranty from Select Home Warranty (SHW) company.

After the warranty period began, I called SHW about a problem with my hot water heater. I went through the claim process and after a week of waiting for a technician, I received an email from SHW stating they could not find a technician and I needed to find my own. I did not know about the reimbursement option, and no one I talked to as SHW explained it to me either. I had to pay the cost myself.

I had been "covered" by the SHW "warranty" for less than a year and they left me to fend for myself. I felt that I had been scammed out of $1934.96 ("warranty price") and all I got for my money was excuses and no resolution whatsoever.

I contacted SHW again about a warranty issue. On Monday May 16th I called because I was having a plumbing issue. After my phone call with the manager, I received an email to call the "escalations team".

On Thursday May 26, called and spoke with Nicholas. We discussed cancelling my policy and getting a refund. He then proceeded to tell me that he did not have a computer to send me information about a refund to me. He could talk to me but could not send me anything in writing.

Nicholas did tell me he would have billing send me the refund information.

I received an email from Ron Smith a "manager in the executive customer relation department", to call him. I returned his call Friday May 27. From the beginning Mr. Smith was aggressive, rude and kept trying to bullying me by interrupting me and talking over me.

I asked him what SHW would pay as a refund of my policy. I asked for that information in writing. Mr. Smith told me that he could tell me about the numbers over the phone but not in writing, he said that the billing department could only provide those number and his would be an estimate.

I asked him to send me the estimate via email and he agreed.

I have not received any information regarding my cancellation/refund options and no technician has been sent to my house to work on my plumbing issue.

This has been almost a month. NO DO

User's recommendation: do not waste your money or nerves with this company they are horrible and if not illegal, unethical!