Advanced Reviewer

Godaddy is terrible and will abuse your Visa account!

I have used Godaddy web hosting and domain registration for a while now. I write this as a Warning to consumers. The Godaddy web hosting service is corrupt and they abuse customers Visa Accounts daily. I have been charged for services i Never signed up for and did not authorize. Once they have your visa number Godaddy will bill whatever they please to your account - with or without your knowledge or consent. Their 'help' phone call line is useless and staffed with people who know nothing about web hosting or domain registrations. Godaddy should be taken to court for fraud, theft and unethical business practices. Do your self a BIG favor and go to any other hosting service! Godaddy is skum of the Earth for website hosting and domain registrations.
ID
#992002 Review #992002 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Godaddy Web Hosting
Cons
  • Frauds
Reason of review
Bad quality
Preferred solution
I am going elsewhere!

Advanced Reviewer

The Sutton Place Hotels - Sutton Place Hotel - Edmonton - Terrible nightmare experience!

I stayed at this so called 'high end' hotel a number of weeks ago and strongly recommend to anyone, book elsewhere. The rooms are dated and smell of stale cigarettes still. Carpet dirty and old. The plumbing in our room was so old and outdated, the toilet actually took 20 minutes to refill and during this time, the bathroom sink had NO water avail. Old dripping tub faucet and terrible little windows which didn't help to get any fresh air into stale room. The air/heat system old and stale air thru entire stay. Staff were aloof and when i contacted unprofessional management team with concerns over my very overpriced, expensive stay, they totally ignored me. Don't bother with this old, run-down 80's-be-gone, dive. Parking is also and additional $31 a night to top it off.

Dear Mayberry,

Thank your for your feedback. We are sorry to here that your stay with us did not meet our usual high standards.

The Sutton Place Hotel Edmonton is committed to improving its products and services and is currently in the process of renovating all of its guest rooms to include; new bathrooms, carpets, wall vinyl, some furnishings and a brand new linen package.

We have now completed 6 floors.

I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you in person and discuss your experience further.

I can be reached at any time on my direct line listed below.

We truly appreciate your patronage to the Sutton Place Hotel Edmonton and I look forward to speaking with you in the near future.

Sincerely, Michael Harris General Manager The Sutton Place Hotel Edmonton 780-441-3030

Reason of review
Bad quality
Preferred solution
Price reduction

Sheraton - What a DIVE - Terrible snotty service

http://www.sheratonagourahills.com/ I stayed here 2 weeks ago while on business in the L.A. area. It claims to be a 4 star property. Don't be fooled - the place has had a cheap American 'facelift' with very tacky decor covering up old structure and bad plumbing issues. The air conditioner in our room did not work (lovely in +35 weather), the staff were unkept, illiterate and rude. None of them were helpful or friendly to us once, over a 5 night stay. The room had a bad smell of stale beer. They claim to feature Wifi in the rooms also but it is terrible service - very weak and interrmittent. They also have a pool and outdoor hot tub as an 'amenity'. I went there a number of times and each attempt - it was full of screaming, poorly behaved children running amok. It was dirty and no clean towels were supplied. This hotel is not what it makes itself out to be on-line and is not a good representation of the Sheraton brand.

Budget Rent A Car - BUDGET RENT-A-CAR

I recently rented a vehicle from Budget Car rentals out of the Palm Springs Airport. The vehicle was booked for a 10 day rental. It was reserved for me to return the car to the Los Angeles airport at the end of my 10 days. As this was an important business trip, I needed to rely on the vehicle and service very much during my stay in California. I drove into L.A. on the 4th day of my visit and upon nearing the downtown core, the tire light in the dash began flashing. I had 10 lb of air left in my rear tire~! As i was on the Santa Monica freeway approx. at 3pm I had NO choice but to pull off at the next exit. The tire slowly went flat as I (very luckily) pulled into an automotive repair shop. I phoned the road service phone number on my Budget Car Rental forms. The lady on the phone said I could A) wait for their 'road assistance' man to come and put the small spare tire on which the car was equipped with. And I could then drive the next 6 days on the unreliable spare or B) drive the car back to Palm Springs (4 hours each way) and exchange it with a different car at the Palm Springs airport. I was shocked that in a city the size of Los angeles, the Budget Car rental office REFUSED to book me a local replacement car with a full sized, reliable tire on it - for my next 6 days of business meetings in L.A. I ended up Paying my own cash to have the autoshop put a new tire on their poorly maintained vehicle. When i returned home I attempted to contact the Budget Car Rental complaints office so I could possibly be reimbursed for my TOTAL inconvenience and CASH I spent on their vehcile. Weeks later, they still haven't bothered to apologize in ANY way, little lone reimburse my lost time, missed meetings or Cash I spent replacing their tire. For your own good service and peace of mind, book your rental car ANYWHERE ELSE. This company is terrible for service and I will never use them again!!

I have also had very poor service from Budget car rental. I refuse to book them any more! :x

Service
Budget Rent A Car Car Rental

Minit Lube Crowfoot - Terrible service

I recently went to Minit Lube Crowfoot for a very simple oil change. After waiting in their line up for over an hour, the fellow who was supposed to be doing a relatively straight forward oil change loudly yelled at me to pull my car into the service bay. He was very overweight, unkept and possibly even drunk. After pulling my car into the bay and listening to him yell at me, i realized his ability to deal with the public in any ethical way was non-existent. He did the very least amount to finish the very easy job at hand. After refusing to check the air in the tires he asked for full payment. The cord on their Interac terminal is clearly too short and the hand-held bounced back and landed on his desktop. He again, barked at me that i didn't have to throw things around. The manager was of NO assistance either and has obviously dealt with BBB complaints before as his only response to me was to say he was "calling his lawyer". I suggest you go anywhere else for an oil change. These men are unprofessional and do not have the skill set to even drain oil out of an engine.

My neighbor went to Minit Lube last week for a basic oil change and the wait was what he described as 'an hour' He claimed the staff spilled oil all over his manifold and also were very unprofessional and not experienced in any way with the work they were supposed to be doing. Warning to elsewhere, there are good service shops in Crowfoot as well as close by in Bowness!

I went to Minit Lube Crowfoot a few months ago and was not at all satisfied with the service. The staff were not friendly in the least, quite the opposite, I found them to be rude and not service trained at all.

The shop was a mess and when i went to my car the next day, i found a dripping of oil over my driveway. Would not recommend this place to get an oil change or any other auto service!

today i went for a oil change at Minit Lube Crowfoot, I really get my husband to change my oil but he was out of town so I went to the closet place. I was greeted very nicely and was guided into the bay they wanted me and asked if i wanted a newspaper while i wait.

When it was my turn the oil change guy was very nice he opened the door and guided me in. He checked everything, from my transmission oil to my washer fluid and asked if i went over my recommened km for a oil change i said i was not sure, he said as he showed a sample to me and it looked very dark compared to the new oil and recommended me to get a hot oil engine flush and with my oil change. They were very nice offered coffee while i wait and even showed me my oil at the end! Needless to say they showed me awesome customer service quoted me durring my oil change how much it would cost.

They even reset my oil change light that no one has ever reset before! i will be comming back to them for my next oil change and recommend you do the same!

i have been to the minit lube location you have spoke about i found there were great help they showed me everthing my car needed on a little tray and aske dme if i wanted them done there were very honsest and polite and in the end i asked them to check my tires they informed me the green caps i had on my tires ment i had nitrogen in the WHO NEW. if i had of added air in would have defeated the purposer of the nitrogen in the tires.

I found that they were very honset and i would recomend oil changes there for anyone.

nWhen i pulled in i was offered coffee and a paper and they also gave my dog a treat. Best service i have ever gotten for a oil change place in my life

View more comments (3)

Canada Yard Pro - Terrible service and overpriced

We booked Canada yard Pro to do a spring clean-up of our residential yard including power-rake, fertilizer and aerate. Plus a *** treatment. They 'booked' our appointment 3 weeks into the future and said that was the earliest they could do the work. The day they had 'booked' our yardwork, they never showed up, never called and after I waited around all day for them to arrive, they said it would be done a week later - or possibly 2 weeks later. Their service is terrible, prices are far too high for what they offer and they have wasted a lot of my time. I would NOT recommend this company for any yard work.

I hired this company this past April to do a routine aerate and power rake for one of my revenue properties. They were not accurate with the time they told me they would do the work and the date it actually (finally) got done.

The staff were scruffy and unkept also. Wouldn't hire them again.

I also hired Canada Yard Pros and found their customer service lacking in professionalism. They did a 'half-assed' job of my spring yard clean-up.

I agree with Mayberry, they over-charge for the quality of product and service they claim to provide to customers. I'd shop around too.

This Mayberry person seems to have a problem with every company she deals with perhaps the problem isn't with the companys but rather with Mayberry

#482029

The person was upset, because CYP knew in advance that they cannot do the work that day, yet there was no notification to the customer before that day.

"The day they had 'booked' our yardwork, they never showed up, never called and after I waited around all day for them to arrive, they said it would be done a week later - or possibly 2 weeks later."

This customer booked their service well in advance as do almost all of our customers That Spring we had snow on the ground till the end of April that put us behind by almost a month. We cannot control the weather and do our best to catch up as fast as possible when we are behind.

Our crews worked 12 hour days 7 days a week till we did get caught up we have a great staff. What this person was upset with is she wasn't bumped to the front of the catch up list, other customers were ahead of her and it would not be fair to our other customers to make a complainer priority.

We do in the excess of 1000 spring clean ups every year. The other 999 customers we very understanding with regards to the weather and if we were so over priced why would she have booked a service in the first place you have to take every complaint with a grain of salt

View more comments (4)

Alvins Automotive - Alvin's Automotive Calgary, Alberta - *** artists

Update by user Feb 11, 2013

pls remove this review

Original review posted by user Apr 19, 2011
I took my '87 Porsche to this garage recently and was appalled at the terrible, dishonest RUDE service I received! I don't enjoy being treated like a "*** dame" as they referred to me. Just because they had a busy garage does not entitle them to treat people (namely women) like lower class citizens. They charged me full price of $236 to 'diagnose' my vehicle. When it wasn't even taken into their garage! They left it parked outside and never even looked under the hood! They insisted I pay because they had kept it parked in their parking lot for a week. I would never recommend this bunch of Crooks to anyone, especially not women. They have no respect for women at all. STAY AWAY from these unethical crooks!

Wow, thanks for posting. I was considering dropping by the shop as I've heard some good things about them. I will keep looking.

Advanced Reviewer

Just in Time Furnace Inc. - Go elsewhere!!

We hired 'Just in Time Furnace and Air duct Cleaning Inc.' In Calgary, Alberta recently. The company seemed to be well presented over the phone,in ads, etc. but when they came to the house to do the actual service call, the man was a smelly, unkept, rude man. His mannerisms were not at all professional and downright rude in his communication with us. We asked him a few very simple questions upon the completion of the work and he was gruff and barely able to give us some information on what services had been done. His only concern was to collect a visa # and signature so he could leave. They left a total mess of our house also, with the furnace dust being blown (not suctioned) out of the furnace. We now have to hire ServePro to clean up the entire basement of all the dirt and dust he spread over everything! It was a total waste of money to hire this company. I wouldn't recommend them to anybody who has any pride in their home. Go to a different furnace company!!